+ Follow This Topic

Thread: My mind is really annoying me... HELP!

My mind is really annoying me... HELP!

Hello everyone! I am new to the forum. I have a problem! This may be a little bit of a long story, but shouldn't be too long!

So I'll start at the beginning. I have been dating the same girl for about 6 years. We began dating first year of college. She was my first... Anyways, things were good all through college, and we lived together all through college and after college we moved to a condo and kept living together.

Ok so after about 1 year of being home from college, she left me. It was a complete shock to me. She was gone one day when I got home and left a note... Said we were on different paths and blah blah blah(I don't wana put the exact letter here... I also think she was mad I hadn't yet asked her to marry me. I guess I didn't think it was time for that yet as we both didn't have great jobs yet and so forth, but she was my only 'one' in my life and I did know I wanted to be with her forever).

Anyways, to fast forward, we were only split up for about a month. We got back together and after about 5 months back together I brought her on vacation and engaged. Now we are engaged and will be married next year...

Ok so that is my story, here is my problem. When we were broken up for a month, we didn't see each other the first 2 weeks, but then we started 'dating' for the next 2 weeks until she moved back in. During the weeks we were dating I went through her text messages one night...

Texts from her to some guy read...
    1. "I cleaned my room and everything"
    2. "I want it now"
    3. "Better get off work early so we can have a quickie

Now I checked the messages in her inbox from the guy, and there was nothing that seemed sexual in any way, but perhaps they were deleted..

I asked her about the texts and she said what she wanted was a sweater she left at a house, and she said it didn't say 'quickie' but 'quickly' and I misread it(I read the texts quick in the morning, and asked her about them right away... I don't think I misread them, but I only read them once quickly and she deleted her whole text memory after we talked). About a month later I asked her about it again cus it was bothering me, I didn't ask her about the texts, but I asked her if since the first time we had sex, over 5 years ago, had she has sex with anyone else. She answered no. So that made me happy... but, I think if she had she would have answered no as well.

So my problem is, my mind won't STOP thinking about this. It has been a year since the 'texts' happened and that is making me think about it again as it is about the same time as last year. My mind thinks, 'why would she tell a guy her room is clean....' - he must have seen it dirty not to long ago.... And on and on my mind goes thinking and thinking and ahhhhh! Also this 'friend' she never introduced to me. One other guy friend she met during the time she introduced me to and we are all friends. But this guy she sent the texts too she never talked to again after we got back together...... odd....

Anyways. I know it doesn't matter to much as we were split up. Maybe she just needed a month to see and decided I was best and came back.. We were 'split up' at the time, however, we were 'dating' during the time the texts happened, so that bothers me. She hadn't moved back in yet though..

So my question is. Do I ask her again about this... a year later now... or do i drop it and just deal with it and as time goes on it will bug me less?

If I did ask her about it, I know I would have to be sensitive about it, say something like....

'I need to ask you about something, and I'm not trying to start an argument or anything. I love you, and I trust you. I have a problem though. My brain keeps going over stupid details and won't stop thinking even though I don't want to be thinking about these things. It is because I have unanswered questions I guess. What I am talking about is this (name) person from last year. I trust you completely and believe what you said that you hadn't slept with anyone but me since we first had sex. My brain, however, won't stop thinking about the details and I think if you answered some questions I have, then I could stop thinking about this.'

My questions are...
    1. why was this person only your friend for a month
    2. why did you text this guy about your room being clean
    3. what did you 'want' - she told me a sweater a year ago, see if she answers the same...

and that is it....

So yea, ask her... or just keep dealing with it on my own?

THANKS for reading!!!!
    Last edited by OneQuestion; 11-11-09 at 09:18 PM.