+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Falling In Love With My Best Friend

Falling In Love With My Best Friend

I've been friends with this girl for a few years now, she can relate to things that only all of my guy friends put together could relate to.

I've fallen for her, I've even told her, she said that she used to have romantic feelings for me but she was able to let go of them once we became good friends.

I really don't know what to do:
    Should I win her back?
    Should I let go of these feelings?

How should I go about doing either of these?

If you don't try you'll always regret not trying.
    anxiety out of place creates relationship static

Try winning her back, if she absolutely doesn't want a relationship with you, she'll let you know. But you can only try, or live not with not trying.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Hi, Now that she knows just wait and see what wakes in her. If it was there before its still there waiting to come back out. She hid it away thinking you didn't feel the same, but now she knows, And your ahead of the game !!! your best friends and thats a very good start.
    Good Luck ~Ron~
    A man who finds no satisfaction in himself will seek for it in vain elsewhere.

sounds like you want out of the friend zone.

Thanks you guys, I guess it is a matter of just going for it

&yeah, if they're are ways to stay away or get out of the friend zone, I am completely open to advice on that too.

Don't pressure her, don't keep asking or bringing it up.

Flirt!

Bring a little subtle heat into the friendship and see how she reacts. Touch her hair, sit just a little bit closer, look into her eyes just a second or two longer.

Gently reawaken her feelings for you. Slow, soft and warm.

I'm on the run on mobile device ill post a guide for getting out of the friend zone a bit later.

repost from another threat i posted in:

i am posting this for your benefit. its from a classified source but here you go. its a bit abrasive but hopefully it will serve you well. so here is how you get out of the 'friend zone':

Start with this, but realize this alone won't guarantee anything.......

Spend less time with her for a while. Allow her brain to lose some of the associations she has toward you.

When you do spend time with her start slowly treating her different. I don't know how you act around her, but don't laugh at what she says unless it's truely funny. Don't play therapist. If she talks to you about other guys, listen only mockingly. Make fun of her plight and never feel sorry for her on this kind of shit. Don't be a shoulder to cry on.

Do's

After you have spent some time away from her come back and change the frame (the tone for the interactions). You must realize that you can't go at her afraid to lose. If you push the envelope with her you are running the risk of losing her for good. If you can't handle that, then just stay in friend mode. At least she'll be around??? **** THAT!!! Slowly go for it, but be willing to lose this girl. You obviously like her, so go for it. Win her? Great! She says no thanks? Fine, get away from her so she can't effect you emotionally, but at least you can feel better inside knowing you took your best shot. Then move on.

Do talk to other girls while trying to get out of friend mode. Don't set out to make her jealous, you are most likely not calibrated to do that without her knowing what you are trying to do. Just go pursue other girls and get more women in your life. Practice staying out of friend mode with new girls. See if this is an isolated situation or see if this is a reocurring theme.

The reason you need to get away from her for a while is because it's hard to change the frame from friend to sexual. It's going backwards. To try and physically escalate her at this point will feel wierd to you and her. Time away will help remedy this, but may not change it. You seeing her after time has passed allows you to do several things. Next time you see her you can send mixed signals and set a new tone for kino (touch) escalation. The always there for her "buddy" is no more. You need to re-emerge as a sexual guy who wants her, but doesn't need her. You want her in a way that does not include shopping or hearing about her boy problems. If she doesn't want you in the same way, then you have no use for her.

You won't actually say the words from above, you will convey them by your actions. But, if you try to do that tomorrow without time passing, you will just look like you are trying to do something. Being reactive is not attractive.

Soooo.....

Get the **** away from her for a while. Don't avoid her, but make yourself scarce, even if your dying to see her. **** that. Think long term not short term.

Go get a few other women in your life. Spend more and more time thinking about other girls and less putting this girl on a pedestal in your mind.

Becoming a more attractive guy overall and needing her less and less will help you become more attractive to her. Stop trying to be the perfect guy for "her." **** the "how can I get her" mentality. Think I want to become more attractive to women in general.

Hope this helps. I think this will work its self out over time if you stick with learning all of this stuff. Realize there is no quick fix or line for your situation and eventually you are going to have to do what I said above and then come back and pull the ****ing trigger and realize and be ok with the idea that you may lose her for good. But if you say, "I can't risk that." Just realize that you have already lost her to some other guy, she just hasn't found him yet. When she does, he will expect her to remove you more and more as her friend and you won't want to be there to watch her happily with Mr. Right anyway. So, take some time away and then come back and pull the trigger!!!!

You can do it man! Good luck.

-----------------------------

Out Of The Friendzone, Into The "Flirty Zone"

When you say these kinds of things every now and then, it will adjust your friendship into a flirty sort of one. This is how you eventually will get your opportunity to move from flirty to sexual. But once your LJBF'd (Lets Just Be Friends), you cannot achieve the perception of a potential suitor until you cross into the "flirty zone". Once you achieve a flirtacious friendship, then you can advance it to flirting + light kino (non sexual touch). See below for kino tactics. Flirting with her should start from the minute that you see her after your little two or three week "break".

At first, it will be you flirting with her, keep it sarcastic and funny. Eventually, you should start to see her initiate flirtyness more often when you see her. The more often she gets flirty with you, the more closer you are to being able to move to the next step of getting out of LJBF.

Proper Kino Escalation In A LJBF Situation

Initial Kino should be punches in the arm, butt bumps, and lame gay shit like that cuz it is non-threatening. Speaking of your kino task. You should escalate in this order:

1) nudging/arm punching/butt bumps when joking with each other

2) Sitting closer together (if your on a couch, see if she lets you lay your head in her lap as if you were tired and falling asleep, lay your head on her lap with your back to her -- its less threatening)

3) Put your arm around her neck while your walking&talking. Do this only for like 10-15 seconds or so, MAX, then release her. Keep doing this every so often until she responds by wrapping her arms around your waist. Until she wraps around your waist, do not move foward to the next kino step.

4) When your walking with your arms around each other each other (above), let go and grab her hand. Then walk while holding hands for a minute or two and then let go.

Act like this is all happenning naturally. It is important that you release her before she has the option to push you away.

5) If you got away with holding hands, you can get away with kissing her. Don't kiss her the first time you hold hands.

6) To kiss her: Wait until the 2nd time you hold hands (while walking&talking) and when you stop walking, so will she. Turn your shoulders towards her to face her slowly and closely. Lean in and kiss her. Don't lean in too much tho.

These 6 kino steps should be a slow process that may take place over a few different days with her. Seperate each kino step by atleast 1-2 hours. Calibration (sensing the flow and pace of interaction) is very important. If you go to much too fast? You blew it.

You should never discuss "Dating" with her or say anything that implies that you want to date her. If you ask her out, tell her you want to "spend the day with her". And take her out and just chill with her, tease her, kino escalate, release. Your going to be doing A LOT of Bait Hook Reel Release. (flirt, touch, escalate then back off before she has opportunity to object)

100% maintain the idea that you didn't expect this to happen bla bla bla

and thats "Get out of the LJBF Zone 101"... folks