+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Forced apart

Forced apart

Hello

Sometimes it seems like circumstances and coincidences control our life. Which is not a major problem, when it comes to little things, we all know that we cant control everything. But when life (or universe or god or whatever) makes it impossible for you to be with the person you love, the unfairness seems unbearable.

My boyfriend and I were forced apart because he moved to a different country. So we didnt really break up - i mean we did, because we believe that long distance relationships dont really work and we would probably start resenting each other - what i mean is there was no fight, no argument, we were madly in love with each other when we said goodbye.

So how do you get over that? What do you do when an uncontrolable situation takes away the love of your life and the pain is just more than you can handle? I dont seem to be able to move on, maybe because we are still in touch (talking on phone or internet regularly), but on the other hand i cant even begin to imagine cutting contact. I tried dating, of course, but it just ended miserably.

So what do i do? Please help, please say something that will make me feel better. And dont say i need time, because it's been a year and a half and we seem to be even more in love than before. And dont say we should stop talking, because that is just impossible.

Thank you so much!

Hi , Sorry to hear this happend to you, It happend to me when I was younger. If your like me you don't get over it, you hold a place in your heart for what might have been.
    Sure the pain does go away in time but the "wonder if" will always be there. Your old enough to to make plans for the future and you still have a chance. I didn't have that chance, when I did get old enough to do something about it I went back she was gone.
    All that is left is the memory and the empty space forever in my heart.
    I'm hoping in time you do get back togather and pick up where you left off.
    Good luck ~Ron~
    A man who finds no satisfaction in himself will seek for it in vain elsewhere.

You hope for the future. People DO make their way back to one another. It happens. It happened to me.

It's just the end of the chapter, not the end of the story.
    Spammer Spanker

Thanky so much for your posts. Gigabitch, you're lucky And i hope you're right.