+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Difficulty of breaking off an engagement

Difficulty of breaking off an engagement

Male to male question. I have a perspective girl now that I think I have some feelings for and she (even if she doesn't want to) may be attracted to me. Anyways, she got engaged a little bit before I met her. What is the difficulty comparison of defeating a boyfriend vs defeating a boyfriend who is engaged? ( I like to speak of it like it is a video game boss) I'm going to get her one way or another.

I learned from a wise friend that these days it doesn't matter at all if a girl has a boyfriend or not.
    "Why are you an atheist?"
    "because I paid attention in science class."

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Oh man, you are turning to the dark side. LOL.

Well, how about this: let her know you like her. Clearly. Ambiguity is not typically your problem.

Then, back way the hell away. If she responds, tell her clearly that her BF is a lucky guy and that if things don't work out you would love to [fuk]--date her.

Don't hold your breath tho. And remember, if she dumps him for you, this means you are dating a monkey and you are her new branch. Good luck.
    Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

Charlie Boy II is offline Registered User
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    what is a "perspective girl"?

And this is pretty much impossible, what you're attempting. Don't you think you should learn how to get a single girl before you go after one that's engaged?

Unless she's freaking out and looking for a way to break the engagement anyway.
    Is it burnin'? Well, f-ck, now you're learnin'.

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I am beginning to think this propensity you have for girls that are unavailable to you only serves to reinforce your negative opinions about women. Why are you deliberately choosing them this way?
    Last edited by vashti; 12-11-09 at 10:50 PM.

Seriously?
    She's happy and planning the rest of her life and you want to destroy it because you think she's hot?
    That's, uh... Completely self centered.

I agree with what Indi wrote, except the 'Monkey Branch' theory (Oh brother..)

Anyway OV, I won't bore you with a long diatribe, but I was at a work party once a long time ago and had quite the pre-wedding experience with someone's fiancee. I didn't have to do anything to get her though, it was her that apparently needed to sew one last field of wild oats. She was quite the energetic little bride to be...we went clear through until breakfast time and I couldn't even train that day because I was so sore. I shouldn't say such things, she was his little angel and probably is a hot sexy soccer mom right now

Hope it works out, does she have your clearance as far as previous number of sex partners? I'd hate to see you blow an opportunity with a bride to be by talking about her past

Charlie Boy II is offline Registered User
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I actually think its a bit off trying to break up an engagement. Even if you have zero prospect of success.
    Is it burnin'? Well, f-ck, now you're learnin'.

Lot of engagements broken off at the last minute, lot of weddings cancelled the weekend prior, lots of marriages seperated within the first year Charlie. It's reality.

I don't believe in homewrecking either, but nothing wrong with letting someone know you think they're special to you and let them decide what's best for their life.

qwertz is offline Chav hater
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    If they are ready to break off the engagement for someone else...or even consider it for that matter, she shouldnt be getting married.

But it is totally off to get involved in that..if she had feeling/liked you then she would let you know and IMO you shouldnt say anything at all.
    Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away.

I don't think it's possible to steal an engaged woman away. That's not to say you can't get an engaged woman.

Wooing an engaged gal is nigh impossible but if she isn't really invested in the engagement you could be her convenient excuse for leaving it.

Quote Originally Posted by IndiReloaded View Post
    if she dumps him for you, this means you are dating a monkey and you are her new branch. Good luck.
    This is the first debate I had with my friend. He put up good points though. If you think with this logic you will always have the left over scraps as a girlfriend if you are in your 20's like me. All the better ones are taken and knowing women they hate to be single, most of them the only way they get a new boyfriend is when they are taken away from their current one. The better way to think would be that "I will be the better boyfriend". That is it really, I am no chump and I am not waiting for anybody. She goes with me now.

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Boy II View Post
    And this is pretty much impossible, what you're attempting.
    I don't believe that at all. With my charming looks and awesome personality? pffft.

Quote Originally Posted by vashti View Post
    I am beginning to think this propensity you have for girls that are unavailable to you only serves to reinforce your negative opinions about women.
    I am not choosing them this way. I wanted this girl for a long time. I knew her from before. I have no negative opinions of women that I cannot support with logical evidence.
    Last edited by Only-virgins; 13-11-09 at 01:06 AM.

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Well, in an ideal world this gal would know her mind and leave her fiancee for her own reasons. Then hook up with you. But, as you say, the world is not ideal and that kind of self-possession would be very rare in a 20 year old. But if she leaves him for you, then you need to be prepared to discuss this so you aren't dumped in a similar way. Watch carefully how she does it, b/c that is how you will be treated.

Good luck, Howard (Roark).
    Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

Quote Originally Posted by Primo View Post
    long time ago and had quite the pre-wedding experience with someone's fiancee. I didn't have to do anything to get her though, it was her that apparently needed to sew one last field of wild oats. She was quite the energetic little bride to be...we went clear through until breakfast time and I couldn't even train that day because I was so sore. I shouldn't say such things, she was his little angel and probably is a hot sexy soccer mom right now
    No way! what a ****ing chump whoever it is that married her. Vashti, if you really want to know what re-enforces some of my views of women just read the above. Even though that story above is hard to believe I can understand it, this is T1000 after all.

Quote Originally Posted by Primo View Post
    Hope it works out, does she have your clearance as far as previous number of sex partners? I'd hate to see you blow an opportunity with a bride to be by talking about her past
    Would hate to ask now because I wouldn't be surprised if you were one of them lol

Quote Originally Posted by Heratriumphant View Post
    Seriously?
    She's happy and planning the rest of her life and you want to destroy it because you think she's hot?
    That's, uh... Completely self centered.
    I read it twice but just fail to see the point here.
    Last edited by Only-virgins; 13-11-09 at 01:30 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by IndiReloaded View Post
    Watch carefully how she does it, b/c that is how you will be treated.

Good luck, Howard (Roark).
    Awww what? No typical "People can change so don't look at the past" talk? I so was hoping for it. Thanks for the good luck.

Isn't it odd that people can look at the female who might leave her fiance and run off with you as the victim...like she has a pussy she can't control or something.

Don't destroy her life because she wants to bury your cock in her throat OV...that would be so heinous of you

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast