+ Follow This Topic
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Spider Bites...

qwertz is offline Chav hater
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    OMG, this thread is giving e the creeps...I actually sometime wake up having a sort of nightmare/ sleep walk thing where i jump up and shake violently as i think i have felt a spider crawl across me!!!
    There is no way i would cope thinking one that would actually bite me could be in the same room!!!!
    Im so glad im in the uk!
    Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away.

yeah i can't be reading this. last night i had a dream that a snake got into my house and we had to kill it cause i thought it was gonna bite my dogs. it was red and black on the bottom and completely black on top.
    baby ya hustle. but me i hustle harder.

You won't be safe for long qwerty... isn't global warming and immigration a bitch?

[url]http://www.theregister.co.uk/2007/05/03/spider_warming/[/url]
    "The weakest soul, knowing its own weakness, and believing this truth that strength can only be developed by effort and practice, will, thus believing, at once begin to exert itself, and, adding effort to effort, patience to patience, and strength to strength, will never cease to develop, and will at last grow divinely strong."

- James Allen

So far... it's scabbing over quite nicely... no more black spots... so I think there isn't anymore dead tissue. My hand is still quite sore (in the joints)... but even that is starting to abate.

I have sprayed the house... again. Hopefully it'll keep the little bastards out.

If the wound reopens or my hand starts swelling again... I'll go to the hospital. However, it's not giving out the tell-tale signs of an aggressive brown recluse bite. It hasn't worsened or spread... and neither do I have flu-like symptoms from the poison. For now, I've just kept infection under control and kept the wound free from dead tissue so it can heal properly.

As far as I can tell... the wound isn't very deep (not much further than the skin).. there isn't any numbing sensation... and the muscles appear to work fine without any pain.

Hopefully I got lucky and was bitten by something less severe... though I'm not versed on all the spiders in this area.
    "The weakest soul, knowing its own weakness, and believing this truth that strength can only be developed by effort and practice, will, thus believing, at once begin to exert itself, and, adding effort to effort, patience to patience, and strength to strength, will never cease to develop, and will at last grow divinely strong."

- James Allen

qwertz is offline Chav hater
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Im not reading it!!!!!!! I dont wanna know... i will never sleep now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Omg. they are seriously my biggest fear...followed very closely by moths...no actually moths are my biggest eurghhhhhhh!
    OMG i just read it...im moving to scotland
    Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away.

Lmao...

- James Allen

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by Gribble View Post
    You'd just be lowering yourself to its level, man!
    Ha, but... have you seen what the spiders are like in Australia?
    Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

^^ oh man...I HATE spiders from Australia...they're so frickin' nasty!!! I've got a friend over there right now who think's it's hilarious to send me weekly pictures of their spiders...
    i can do snakes just fine...but spiders...*shiver*not so much...
    If I had to choose between loving you and breathing, I'd use my last breath the tell you that I love you

Just 'cause I'm a hick don't mean I'm stupid...and i'm more than happy to prove that to ya'll anyday!
    Hey ya'll and Yee Haw are part of my vocab...'cause I'm a country girl

Don't cry for a guy, let a guy cry for you 'cause girls give & forgive but buys get & forget." --Brooke Davis

Charlie Boy II is offline Registered User
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I woke up with this big hairy motherf-cker one my bedside table. It was the size of my hand. I tried to kill it, but it got away, and I couldn't find it.

Eventually I had to go and sleep in another room, so it didn't take revenge on me while I was sleeping.
    Is it burnin'? Well, f-ck, now you're learnin'.

We don't have gigantic spiders here...

Instead.. we have small yellow scorpions to compensate.

- James Allen

bluesummer is offline Whatever.
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Gotta be careful with those, I've seen some really nasty pictures of Brown Recluse bites and the necrosis that can come along with it.......nasty nasty!

I got bit by something that I thought was one of those, although wasn't sure. It was swollen, size of an orange, purple and blue, and just ran fluid all day long. The doctor gave me antibitoics, and it took the damn thing 6 mos to heal completely.
    Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever. - Mohandas Gandhi

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12