+ Follow This Topic

Thread: She no longer makes me happy, but I love her so much.

She no longer makes me happy, but I love her so much.

My girlfriend and I have been together for about 19 months. At first everything was great we were happy all the time and I had thought I found " The one". After about 7 months together I asked her move in with me. And even at that point everything still seemed great. I was always thinking about her and even was out looking at rings. I thought this was the girl I was gonna marry.
    Fast forward to about 10 months into the relationship. I had begun to notice that we had seemingly little in common. And she has seemed to start letting herself go. She started gaining weight and stopped exercising. And the more time we spent together the more i notice we have nothing in common. As time has passed it seems the only thing we really have in common is sex. She like it at least once a day, and I like it too, but she only likes 2 positions, which gets boring kinda. She refuses to do anything else and will not do oral or let me do oral. I begin to think sex is all that holds the relationship together at times.
    She is 3 years younger than me and I think we are on 2 different pages in life. She often seems to be immature to me, and she gets too upset to talk about our relationship and the way things are going. She also yells when she gets upset. So when I try to tell her how I feel about the relationship she cries and yells and I just stopped bringing it up because of this. I wish I could just sit down and have an adult conversation with her.
    She has no hobbies, and she really has no friends. She has me and she has work. And she needs to be with me 100% of the time for some reason. I have no time for myself, my hobbies, or my friends anymore. When I do hang out with my friends she comes along with, but always gets upset that I am not giving her enough attention when around my friends for the short period of time that we are around my friends.
    Now everyday I realize more and more that I am unhappy when she is around. She brings me down and it makes me lazy, unproductive and depressed. I try to do things around the house to take my mind off it and she thinks I am insulting her because she didn't clean something up that I had to clean up behind her. I often feel is if I can't do anything without upsetting her.
    I trust her, but I feel she sees this coming too because she started talking to her ex-boyfriend again. She hides it from me, she thinks I don't see who she is texting, then when I ask her how it is she just says "nobody". She still has more pictures of them together on her MySpace and FaceBook than she does of us. Not really a big issue, but something I notice.
    Another issue is that I am losing physical attraction to her. I always tell her I love her and that I am happy just the way she is if she is happy. But she has gained 60lbs and went from a size 6 to a size 14 in the past 18months.

The real issue is I think I want to break up with her, but I love her so much it feels impossible to do. I don't know if I could upset her that much, watch her cry, and still go through with it. I do know for sure that she is no longer "the one" and I will never marry her. So why should I keep this going if it is going nowhere. But at the same time I would hate to see her end up with some shitty guy that would not treat her well. I love her still and would never want anything bad to happen to her. I treat her like an angel, and she knows it. But she just no longer makes me happy. This is the hardest thing I have ever had to think about. And I don't know how to make it work when we have nothing in common.

What should I do and how?

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by justin9212 View Post
    will not do oral or let me do oral.
    What the hell is up with some of these women lately?
    "Why are you an atheist?"
    "because I paid attention in science class."

girl68 is offline little person, big mouth
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Grow a pair. Then we'll talk.

The most pathetic thing from a dumper is the following statement:
    I don't want to hurt her.

Grow up. Break ups hurt, they hurt the dumper and the dumpee. Get over it, wuss. She's going to cry she's going to be mad whatever. Grow up. You don't want to marry her so enough is enough. Besides even fatties deserve a shot with a guy who truely wants to be with them and not out of pity.

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by Only-virgins View Post
    What the hell is up with some of these women lately?
    Do you think that you are owed blowjobs becasue you have a penis? If you expect something I would purposely not give it to you just because you think you have the right to demand. Maybe she feels like she's choking and it's hard for her to overcome this feeling? Maybe he smells or tastes disgusting? Maybe she bit once and hurt him so bad that she can't bear to try again for fear of biting off his dick?

You aren't happy and, in the grand scheme of things, isn't that what a relationship is supposed to bring you? Not grinning all the time happiness but if you aren't happy at all, then it's time to break up.

It sucks; it's hard; it's not something anyone wants to do. But it really sounds like that's what you want. Staying in a relationship where you know that you'll never be happy - just thinking about that is wrong. It's not fair to you, it's not fair to her, and no one wins.
    And yet to every bad there is a worse ~ Thomas Hardy

Quote Originally Posted by girl68 View Post
    Do you think that you are owed blowjobs becasue you have a penis? If you expect something I would purposely not give it to you just because you think you have the right to demand. Maybe she feels like she's choking and it's hard for her to overcome this feeling? Maybe he smells or tastes disgusting? Maybe she bit once and hurt him so bad that she can't bear to try again for fear of biting off his dick?
    Where the hell are you coming with all this from? What crawled up your asshole? I don't even like BJs that much, but I sure do love going down on a girl. I'll do anything to please my lover and don't care. In those cases communication is the best.

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Ever stop to think that some women don't want to stick a penis in her mouth nor have a mouth on her pussy?

Here's something for you: some girls just don't like it. The OP happens to have one of these girls. And yes, that came out of my dark, tight asshole. (Oh yeah, I'll suck dick but if he ever came close to implying that he deserves one "just 'cuase" I'd leave him with his own blue balls). Luckily, I enjoy pleasing my guy orally and otherwise but never once has he demanded such a job.

Ever stop to think that some women don't want to stick a penis in her mouth nor have a mouth on her pussy?
    Yes, but some women prefer another pussy in their mouth as well so what is your point. Those women are not for me.

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by Only-virgins View Post
    Yes, but some women prefer another pussy in their mouth as well so what is your point. Those women are not for me.
    My point is: it's a preference and you can't slam the OP's gf for that. Nor would I slam the OP for wanting to get a BJ.

My point is: it's a preference and you can't slam the OP's gf for that. Nor would I slam the OP for wanting to get a BJ.
    I slammed women in general and not the OP by saying "What is wrong with women these days?" and don't regret it one bit. I love getting a BJ and I love to go down on a girl num num num num num yum and I don't care what anyone has to say. Now shut up, seriously.

Oh and I TOTALLY deserve a good, nice, and sexy blow job....in-fact I could use one right now...hmmm lets see who I can call.

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Lol, okay whatever. *rolls eyes*

meanwhile back at the ranch....

it sounds to me like you've covered all bases and really had a good think about this, I think you know what needs to be done. yes it will suck, but she's not your responsibility. it's not like you brought her home from the pet-shop, and now you want to get rid of her because she's chewing the furniture. you've tried communicating, introducing new types of bedroom fun, and being supportive. you don't owe her a thing.

get out.