+ Follow This Topic

Thread: [love] letter?

[love] letter?

Hi! Im new here, my name's Belinda.

Im going to write this guy a letter in my art class. I only see him a few more times before the semester is over, so I plan on getting to know him a little before I actually give this letter to him on the last day before holiday break. [If i actually have the guts to do so]
    We have never once crossed paths outside of class, not even in our school, and its a pretty tiny college. I doubt I will ever see him again, unless he chooses otherwise.
    Anywhere, here is what Im going to write. Im not very good at gauging how people will respond to what I write and sometimes I dont get my tone across, so any help with making this letter better would be awesome! Thanks so much!

Here it is:

"I normally dont write letters to people I dont really know, but I figured what the hell. Plus I'll probably never see you again in my life.
    If it means anything, I thought you were probably the most intelligent person in our class, and intelligence is sparse in these parts. I actually enjoyed listening when you spoke.
    You were interesting. I like interesting.
    Happy holidays.

- Belinda

P.S. I wasnt going to put my # down, because thats not where I was going with this, and Im sure you could have found me if you really wanted. But better safe than sorry, just in case you wanted to lend me good books or vice versa.
    7890"

Firstly, Im a little iffy about the "you were interesting. i like interesting." line.
    Second, I will probably make a little more personal the more we talk. Like, I'll probably rework the book part to make it fit, as Im sure we'll have a conversation about books sometime.
    Again, thanks!

Lol you're so afraid to tell him that you think he's cute. There's absolutely nothing wrong with that. Believe me.

-I liked: "You were interesting. I like interesting."

This indicates that you might like him and conveys confidence.

-I don't like: ".. I thought you were probably the most intelligent person in our class, and intelligence is sparse in these parts. I actually enjoyed listening when you spoke."

This sounds like you like him too much. Instead you can just say that you think he's really intelligent and he had a lot of really good points in class.

-I also don't like: "I wasnt going to put my # down, because thats not where I was going with this, and Im sure you could have found me if you really wanted."

You sound strangely indecisive. Just leave some kind of contact info and ask for his opinion on what books he might recommend. I'm sure he would be more than happy to do so.

This is the best 2 cents I can come up with. Hope it helps!
    Last edited by Sanctuary; 15-11-09 at 02:49 PM.

If you're going to get to know him a little better, then this letter is going to do you no good.

Don't get me wrong, as a guy I'd be flattered to receive a note like that, but you need to get those points across in person....you're not trying to say I love you and want to spend the rest of my life with you, just trying to say you'd like to get to know him better. That's not too hard to do is it?

haha oh yes, it is hard to do, for me. my social anxiety can be quite the annoyance.
    i have every intention of getting to know him better, i just honestly dont think i can just go up to him and say "oh hey, heres my number!" granted he has class right after ours, we cant go anywhere.
    anyway, who knows, i might not even need the letter. maybe i will finally man up to it?

thanks again, to both of you!