+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Not responding at all, so why did she give me her number?

Las Vegas in the flesh, New York in the soul

Not responding at all, so why did she give me her number?

I'm talking about when girls Give guys their number, when the guy likes a girl, and the chick doesn't like the guy back.

Then you go to call or text the girl but she intentionally ignores the guy?

Like, if you didn't even like the guy, don't give him your number.

This has happened to me, as I am interested in a girl, we talked every time we saw each other in school, wherever. We were friends, but nothing serious at all. And I'm sure she knows I'm interested. Then she gives me her number and I'm like "Cool, maybe something will come out of this." Then I text her, like "Hey, its me (obviously using my name), whats up?" and i get no reply.

So I'm stressing about that and tell my friend. Then my friend tells me to give her my crush's number, and she'll text her to see if she is really ignoring me. So she texts my crush, and bam, got a response in less than 30 seconds.

Then like a half hour later, I text back "Do I have the right number?" No response.

I'm clueless.
    Last edited by Soulchild21; 15-11-09 at 12:59 PM.

Have u ever been asked out by a girl you don't like?

It's much easier to just agree and avoid the situation later than figure out how to reject someone right at that moment. It's really awkward too.

Oh never mind I just read the whole post. Ignore what I said above. Some girls like stringing guys along for the attention. Maybe she's one of those girls.

bluesummer is offline Whatever.
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I agree w/this^

I had a guy pressure me constantly to give him my number, and I gave in so he'd leave me alone.....stupid idea on my part. I was a lot younger then and had difficulty asserting myself (nowadays, they'd just get "Stop asking, you're pissing me off.") I've seen this happen to more than a few girls. It's less awkward just to give the number than to face being uber-bitch and flat-out rejecting them.
    Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever. - Mohandas Gandhi

I agree with Sanctuary...maybe she's just a flaky girl. Either way, if she doesn't respond, you just cut your losses and move on, right? Plenty of other girls out there.
    “Inside every cynical person, there is a disappointed idealist”--George Carlin

Ahh man, from a guys POV I could of told you that one.
    If YOU been asking for the number and she FINALLY gave it to you, then most likely it was just so you would stop asking. If you did not see that SHE was interested in you, then more likely you won't get a respond.
    If she gave it to you without you asking for it, then its just a small game of "Hard to Get".
    But your not leaving much to think of so this is my 2 cents.
    To be or not to be?

Is that the question?

Well, sometimes I drunkingly give guys my number at the bar. They text me, I realize how crazy I was to give them my #.. and I don't reply.
    There's also times where guys I'm not interested in text me (getting my # from other people), and I don't respond.. even if I know them, I don't like to text them because I don't want them to get the impression I'm interested.

girl68 is offline little person, big mouth
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I might have not recieved your text in 30 mintues but if I got another one in 30 minutes from a random dude, I would certainly ignore it from then on.