+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Need advice on this issue.

Need advice on this issue.

Okaaay.

Right, i'm a 19 year old male. I go to a british university, and a while back i was using the uni's internet chatroom. As it turns out, so were a few others, one happened to be an italian girl. Anyway, we ended up talking (on msn, as the chatroom sucks), and it was all good, we seemed to be getting along fine as friends.

She is a prospective student for the coming academic year, but she knew someone up here already. She was at another british uni but was gonna transfer here. Anyway, there was a ball event early in may, and I asked her if she'd want to come, she could stay with her friend for a while and go with us to the ball, and she was like "yeah that would be great". A few days before this she was due to leave, but she wasn't well so didn't come up til the saturday. We just talked a bit beforehand, it was nothing too exciting, eventually we went to the ball, got drunk and ended up kissing a load.

Now I, until this year, have been a bit of an antisocial, which results in her being only the 2nd girl i've "properly" kissed. But this wasn't a massive biggie for me, i just thought "random pull, i guess this is the end", and it wasn't a problem. But we kept in contact and things got friendlier and nicer, and I started to think "hey, i really like this girl". We texted and spoke on msn a bit, but then her grandmother passed away and she went missing for a month. However, she returned, super-apologetic (i dont know why, it wasn't her fault) and she'd not called because she left her UK phone here and didnt have my number. Since then it's been flirting-y (at least they appear to be, in my view) texts, fairly long phone calls, etc.

i'm 19. she's 22. her birthday was last week. She's coming here for her uni interview on the 24th. (I got her a nice cross pen for her birthday, she likes to write, i guess she'd appreciate it). She's fantastically beautiful, i'm mediocre at best, and i don't know what to do. Should i book a meal at a decent restaurant? Is that too cheesy? Does she even like me at all? Am i totally mis-reading everything? I don't want to spoil what (if i'm not actually just *completely* deluded) could be the best thing that ever happens to me.

Thanks for your time.

Am i totally mis-reading everything? I don't want to spoil what (if i'm not actually just *completely* deluded) could be the best thing that ever happens to me.
    Take your own advice and run with it. If things dont work out, how could you possibly say this was the worst thing that ever happened to you in your life? It wouldnt be. You will only know if you try.

Get some confidence, and ask her out. Sounds like you guys have some catching up to do.

Hmmm. I didn't think "asking out" worked past the age of about 15? or am I wrong on this one too?

Cyborg is right - go out on the ledge, make plans, if she wasn't interested she wouldn't put any effort forth - after being gone a month, she would've stayed gone!

As for "asking out" it's all semantics - - - ask to spend time with her, ask her for dinner, ask her for coffe - ASK her for something.

And maybe to her you are much more the mediocre!

Good Luck!

I think the mistake a lot of us make is thinking the state-appointed shrink is our friend. - Jack Handy

cheers. but:

"And maybe to her you are much more the mediocre!"

huh? I dont get you. Do you mean she thinks that she is mediocre? I can't see that happening - she HAS to know that she's amazing.

oh well - she's coming down in a few days, i'll let you know how it goes. I will check back here in case there's any more wisdom posted

Maybe in her mind, YOU are not mediocre!!!!

I think the mistake a lot of us make is thinking the state-appointed shrink is our friend. - Jack Handy

aw, i hope so! thanks