+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Can two messed up lives help eachother, or just make things worse?

Can two messed up lives help eachother, or just make things worse?

Ok so I met a girl... on craigslist, yeah I know. She comes over and we are having a good time, I then get told she is a prostitute, a call girl, no "pimp" or anything like that. I really like this girl, she says she is just doing it to pay her way through school.. (is this starting to sound familiar?) We end up spending the whole weekend together, and have a good time. I like this girl, but I myself have had past problems, addiction, messed releationships, etc..

Now I'm sure most people are gonna throw this in the Knight in shining armour or doomed to fail categories, but I don't know I have to ask someone for advice, and I dont have anyone else to ask about this.. I'm about to be 24, she is 28. She says she was a blackjack dealer in Vegas but moved here when the bubble burst and now she's just trying to get by. Never been so confused, in my life. And yeah, my last relationship was a long, messed up one. And I DO see a psychiatrist and am going to talk to him about this. But untill then anyone have anything to say, I just dont know. She says we can make each other better. But do two bad swimmers equal two people drowning, or can they help each other to the shore?

Listen to your heart and do what YOU feel is right. All the advice you will receive won't matter in the end because you are going to do what you want to do.

If you like being with the girl then give it a shot, what's the harm? Anyone can change at any given time, you two included.

thanks for that, very true...