+ Follow This Topic
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: H1N1 (aka Swine Flu)

Our swine flu season finished sometime in August, I think we got out of it relatively unscathed compared to other countries.
    Don't cry, don't regret and don't blame
    Weak find the whip, willing find freedom
    Towards the sun, carry your name
    In warm hands you are given
    Ask the wind for the way
    Uncertainty's gone, your path will unravel
    Accept all as it is and do not blame
    God or the Devil
    ~Born to Live - Mavrik~

If people realized how many people Diarrhea kills each year, you would have never heard about H1N1.

Its just another naturally occurring viral strain intended to thin the herd. I just live my life how I always have, no vaccination for me. If I die from a mutation of influenza, I was just taking up space.

"What you really fear is inside yourself. You fear your own power.
    You fear your own anger, the drive to do great and terrible things."

The Warmonger

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by Mishanya View Post
    Our swine flu season finished sometime in August, I think we got out of it relatively unscathed compared to other countries.
    Are you really in the high 30s right now there? Man, I miss Oz.
    Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

We had a swine flu outbreak at my workplace last spring, but other than that I haven't heard of anyone coming down with it. We just got the vaccines in NYC, but I'm not sure if I'll get one yet because the lines are uber long, and I'm not really in a high risk group. Once the lines get shorter, and it's feasible for me, I don't see why I shouldn't get one.
    “Inside every cynical person, there is a disappointed idealist”--George Carlin

Gribble is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I'm not concerned in the least. Friend of mine had it. He was down and out for a couple days, but he lived. If I catch it I'll just soldier on. I've had worse.
    God, so atrocious in the Old Testament, so attractive in the New--the Jekyl and Hyde of sacred romance.
    -Mark Twain

If people are good only because they fear punishment and hope for reward, then we are a sorry lot indeed.
    -Albert Einstein

I was reading something on the swine flu and the seasonal flu, and so far, the swine flu(per capita) has killed less people than the seasonal flu.
    The seasonal flu kills roughly about 0.1 percent of people and the swine flu has only killed 0.045% of it's infectees, and most likely even lower due to the fact that some people are not reporting the mild cases they have.

The only difference between the two, is that the seasonal flu's victims are people in their senior years (65+) and the majority of flu deaths from swine flu are people between 25-49 years of age

[url]http://www.reuters.com/article/healthNews/idUSTRE58E6NZ20090916[/url]

And here is a chart of the deaths
    [url]http://kawchukkovacs.com/images/kawchukkovacs_com/WindowsLiveWriter/H1N1deathsvs.seasonalfludeaths_A187/image_cbee5b98-63e5-493b-afdc-3a7c8462b9a6.png[/url]

So, in spite of it killing less people, it's killing younger people(5000 dead and counting)

so no. I am not worried about swine flu at all, seeing how the majority of deaths were people with health conditions.

i honestly believe this is all hype and a big scam for the pharma companies to make a tonn of cash while injecting metals into the whole of humanity. good news for big pharma all round, when the onset of complications happens after the first wave of deaths (the weakest in our world as per the guidlines of who gets vaccinated at that priority atm) then the next wave slightly weaker will have longterm chronic illnesses due to complications with the vaccine, or the next wave of stronger people in our societies getting debilitating diseases later in life die due to the vaccine. yes please i'm DYING to get vaccinated.
    Work like you don't need the money. Love like you've never been hurt. Dance like nobody's watching

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    While I think the vaccine has its uses, I agree the general vaccine is just a big money grab.
    Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

Petit Papillon is offline Napinacz
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Wow I finally know somebody who got swine flu (or rather her kids),wow after 10 months of swine flu panic ...

Kid of my mum's friend got it. Her son stays at home, her daughter needed to go to the hospital , BUT IT'S NORMAL, when kids have high temperature (around 40 C) all the time, it's normal they need to be under control But nobody is panicing because of it. It could be the same with seasonal flu or whatever else.

The cure for it is... CABBAGE! People, You don't even realise how many treasures this round vegetable has. I love cabbage,cabbage soup and gołąbki It's not just making Your immune system stronger but also makes You happy ( I think it's vit. PP if I'm not mistaken ) .Half cabbage is a daily portion of vit. C . And it tastes oh so good

by Cabbage (soup) fan ;P
    I wazzzz here

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I grew up on borscht and sauerkraut. Cabbage rolls. Yum.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

Quote Originally Posted by IndiReloaded View Post
    Do you mean борщ?

yummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

i haven't done the shot. i don't know if i'm going to or not. i haven't decided.
    baby ya hustle. but me i hustle harder.

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by doppelgaenger View Post
    Do you mean борщ?
    My east urp language ability extends to 'hi' 'yes sir' and a 'merry xmas' equivalent. No writing at all. What did you just write?
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I FINALLY got my vaccine. It's about freakin' time, considering the number of H1N1 patients I've taken care of.

Petit Papillon is offline Napinacz
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by IndiReloaded View Post
    Actually it's barszcz (I will save You from cyrillic alphabet,since I can't read that too )(and actually we have two kinds, red and white,red is better I LOVE IT + it's a part of Christmas tradition,my favourite part ), sauerkraut comes from germany, but actually I prefer the polish one. I can even eat one kg with my fingers Cabbage rolls... You mean gołąbki? CABAGGE RULES again
    I wazzzz here

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast