+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Benefit to long distance . . .FINALLY

Benefit to long distance . . .FINALLY

Okay, I know that compared to our own Romeo and Juliet (Iron and Squirt), I've got it easy. Peter is 2.5 hours from me and we've been able to see each other every weekend by him coming here or us meeting in the middle.

However, this weekend I am going to see him where he lives, and I am so excited that I could hardly sleep last night! I suppose it seems like a much bigger deal for me to go there as I am clearly going there just to see him. (He has family here.)

Peter has made all kinds of plans and I have booked my hotel room - I am so excited that I can hardly stand it!

So it seems like the long distance benefit is that you get that sense of impending excitment in the time between when you get to see each other, and things are awesome when you are together because you are just so darn happy to be together!

Now if I can only figure out what to freakin pack!

I think the mistake a lot of us make is thinking the state-appointed shrink is our friend. - Jack Handy

I could name a million benefits to long distance relationships! Including the fact that it helps you learn a lot about yourself. It can show you how strong you REALLY are... You can learn patience, understanding, tolerance, acceptance... Long distance relationships are definately not for the faint of heart.

Jules~Im so excited for you! I have those feelings for you sweetpea!

So what to pack... well its always good to have plenty of panties in the suitcase! Or NONE!

Bring clothes for anything and everything, especially seeing you dont know what youre doing YET! How fun is that?

I am so happy for you, and the trip to see him will be more exciting than you can even you imagine, because its just YOU TWO! Girl, I have the goosebumps for ya! And the sick to the stomach feeling...the not sleeping cause youre so full of anticipation and anxiousness you dont know where to put yourself.

The long distance is a just a bump in the road, if you can overcome that little obstacle, youre ahead of the game. As we know from here, not many people venture into long distance relationships, but Iron and I are making it work. Its going on 5 months of seeing one another. Its great! You know, even though I get down periodically because I miss him, the time we do share is incredible. But also, knowing how happy he makes me, makes the weeks inbetween of us not seeing one another a little easier.

SO~GIRL HAVE THE TIME OF YOUR LIFE! and dont forget to pack to some extra goodies...just in case!
    everything happens for a reason...beginning to wonder why.

PAgirl - how far apart are you and your bf? How long have you been at this? I'm fairly new to the game and when I do complain I feel badly because other people have it so much worse. (We're a mere 2.5 hours apart - - Squirrley how far are you from Iron?)

Any tips or tricks are appreciated!

I think the mistake a lot of us make is thinking the state-appointed shrink is our friend. - Jack Handy

Iron and I are 6 hours apart, and get to see one another like every 3 weeks or so. And its a long 3 weeks plus.

But tip: we talk as much as we can on the phone, get on aim while hes at work, use the webcams(which sometimes makes it hard cause when I see him, I want to kiss him, and hold him and I cant) but then he makes me happy so its all good.

You have to keep lines of communication open, and talk as often as you can! I tell him all the time how much I miss him, and cant wait to be with him. I count the days down and mark it down on the calender til we see eachother again.

You are lucky in the fact you can see him every weekend, especially just starting out in dating. Its hard when youre just getting to know one another. Thats why it makes it harder for me now and then, just once in awhile, cause when we spend 4 or 5 days together, I see so many more things I adore about Iron, and when he leaves, a part of me is like "shoot~Im just gettin to know him better and better and weve got to go another 3 or 4 weeks" but in the long run, I dont mind a bit. He has made everything about being a part of this relationship well worth the risk, and the missing weeks inbetween.

So~you go with the flow Jules, and follow your head not just your heart. My heart is definetly on my sleeve. And I wear it proud and sure as heck BIG!

You can make this work IF you know he's worth every bit of the trip! Have a great time sweetie and cant wait to hear how it went when you get back!

What am I going to wear!!!!!!!!

Okay, I have NEVER been a really girly girl, but I am wigging myself out! I may actually end up with a suitcase for this trip instead of my usual overnight backpack!!!!!

Pajamas
    Girly underthings

Do I pull out THE black dress for this? What about jeans or something "casual" is it time for that? ACCCCKKKKKKKK I can't believe I am freaking out about packing!

PACK IT ALL! That way youre prepared and then some...just pack it all Jules!

I ALWAYS over pack. I wear what I'm in the mood to wear on any given day, so I often try on my entire wardrobe before I settle on something.

Aaron and I live literally cross-country from eachother. He's in Pittsburgh, PA and I'm in Portland, OR. By plane it's AT LEAST an 11 hour flight, without layovers. By bus it's 3 days... *sigh* We keep in touch mainly through AIM. We met online anyway, so... We've known each other and been together for 7 months. Unless I get really lucky I won't see him again until my birthday in April. He can't come out for the holidays because he has a brand new baby nephew- to whom he is the Godfather- so he's sort of obligated to do the whole "baby's first holidays" thing, which is understandable.

Quote Originally Posted by jslaughter

Okay, I have NEVER been a really girly girl, but I am wigging myself out! I may actually end up with a suitcase for this trip instead of my usual overnight backpack!!!!!

Pajamas
    Girly underthings

Do I pull out THE black dress for this? What about jeans or something "casual" is it time for that? ACCCCKKKKKKKK I can't believe I am freaking out about packing!
    PACK IT ALL Jules!!! Pack it all! I always pack lots of stuff and then have the luxury of choice!! It's highly important that you have choice when you're psyched like this!
    I have it all. Including kino.

WOW - - an 11 hour flight a THREE DAY bus ride - I am a totally spoiled brat, complaining about a less than three hour drive! I am at home now suitcase opened, three pair of shoes. . .yes this is going to be funny!

LOL! Hey, no matter the distance, if you can't be at his house within ten minutes I'd say you have every right to feel the way you do!