+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Are you insensitive when it comes to animals??

Are you insensitive when it comes to animals??

I'm.. rather shocked by quite a few men in my life who disrespect the lives of animals.

My dog died this summer and my ex bf didn't comfort me at all.. "It's just a dog." He doesn't see the emotional significance of sharing your life with an animal companion for FIFTEEN YEARS???

My dad will happily leave animals to die if they get sick or injured...instead of fixing the problem...

My bestfriend just texted me saying that she's with her bf and just explained to him that she found out yesturday that she has to put her dog down (she's had him for fifteen years as well) and he goes "Oh, it's just a dog, I thought it was your brother or something"

She's really hurt by it! even if animals aren't his thing, shouldn't he still see that SHES upset and it's important to HER? Just be there for her! Don't be a jerk and say "Oh, well I don't really care about your dog, so I hope you get over it..."

It just makes me wonder what the majority of men's views are out there...
    What would YOUR reaction be if your gf was deeply upset because her favourite canine friend is DYING ?

girl68 is offline little person, big mouth
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Umm your bf sounds like a complete asshole. Animals aren't some peoples thing you're right. But when somone you love is upset about something only a true dickhead would respond the way your guy did.

I'm not a boy but my bf would be deeply saddened at the loss of his pet, he would also console me should I lose mine.

On the other hand I just saw a commercial for $20/month you can save an animal and feed it in a shelter. The same commercials for starving children say $3/month. Sad really. Only in ****ing America. I like animals but they have their environment and my home isn't it. It is just a dog. Feed all the people first, animals get second dibs. I usually am annoyed when people have stupid pets at home.

However if anything upsets my girlfriend I am going to comfort her. Doesn't matter if I agree or not.
    Last edited by Only-virgins; 17-11-09 at 06:21 AM.
    "Why are you an atheist?"
    "because I paid attention in science class."

to some people pets are another family member and to others they just do not understand. what really irritates me is the people who have dogs but have the attitude that they're "just dogs."
    baby ya hustle. but me i hustle harder.

Petit Papillon is offline Napinacz
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Dog is...the best friend of a human.
    [URL="http://www.wimp.com/dogsoldier/"]http://www.wimp.com/dogsoldier/[/URL]
    I wazzzz here

i have irish wolfhound/ st. bernards. irish wolfhounds used to fight along with men in war. st. bernards used to rescue people lost in the alps.

i wouldn't call my babies just dogs by any means. they are the descendants of greatness.

Petit Papillon is offline Napinacz
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    This video shows just that NOBODY will be so happy to see You back as Your beloved dog. Dogs can show true love, they love You unconditionally, not like people. You always need to give something to be loved in return. Dogs don't need nothing to love You the most.
    Last edited by Petit Papillon; 17-11-09 at 07:00 AM.
    I wazzzz here

Sonrisa is offline Gwynplaine
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    i heard on Kevin & Bean this morning that there are churches for pets...
    mo'Dajvo' pa'wIjDaq je narghpu' He'So'bogh SajlIj

Omg that video was the greatest thing I've seen all day!!!!

I'm going to watch it again.. that's such a great moment to be filmed!!

Dog's are so great.... it's been hard getting over my old girl.. but now I'm feeling much better and I'm planning on buying another dog next year.

It's terrible that when something so heartbreaking tears you apart.. you go to the one person you trust and love, who always makes you feel great in the world and you know he can take this pain away, ....and he gives you a funny look and tells you he doesn't care .

That's why I typed EX bf for my situation
    But I hope my friend doesn't put up with that kind of disrespect...

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    but i never had attachments or feelings towards animals my friend had to put her long time companion to sleep yesterday and when she called me to share...i honestly couldn't say anything back to her. in my head i actually was kinda happy. cuz i was avoiding going over to her because of her dog. it really annoyed the **** out of me when we'd have dinner and this huge ass dog will put his head on my lap and whine for hours while we ate. i would never get a dog/cat.

sorry miso just being honest

yeah i understand. i know a lot of people like that. you're just one of the "others."

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    i am great with humans though

Quote Originally Posted by Sonrisa View Post
    i am great with humans though
    Are you sure? Because it sounds like your friend is going through a rough time and all you could do is think about how great it is that YOU can enjoy yourself.

I'm sorry, I understand that people with dogs need to TRAIN them so they don't disturb others, but the bottom line is your friend is upset and deep down you don't seem to be thinking about the fact that this means a lot and she needs help, you're thinking "it's just a dog."

qwertz is offline Chav hater
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Its fair enough that some people dont like or want pets of any kind.
    Some people do see them as 'just dogs' ..i find the majority of people that think like that havnt had a dog..but you do get the ones that just dont care for their animals that they have.

I have 6 dogs, all live in my house and i see each one as a member of my family..i dont expect any guy im with to treat them how i do or even have anything to do with them, or be upset if one died, but i would be totally pissed off if i was upset and he came out with 'its just a dog' if he knew anything about me or had any social skills to understand i am upset, he would know that they are not 'just a dog' to me.
    Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away.

qwertz is offline Chav hater
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    i find with 6 large dogs (4 rottweilers) i know who my true friends are, as they are the only ones who visit
    Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast