+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Addicted to flirting

in a very tiny apartment in a very large city

Addicted to flirting

In all my relationships my boyfriends have never had dangerous issues with my flirting habits. In fact i've been channeling my constant need to flirt toward my boyfriend
    however there are the times when i get so caught up in the thrill of it that i flirt with anyone. Its gotten to the point that when i go to hang out with him all his friends think its okay to flirt with me infront of him.
    my boyfriend finds it funny and sometimes cute, but i know that it bothers him, to the point where he will randomly explode with anger
    I would never cheat on him but how do i keep myself from doing something completely stupid?
    (his anger is nothing serious since he and i both know that i could kick his but six ways to sunday, so he wouldn't dare.....)

This is simple. To control this habit you can put all your attention to your BF instead of being curious with other guys. Thats all it is.
    To be or not to be?

Is that the question?

I don't think she's being inattentive to her boyfriend, or being curious with other guys. Some people are just predisposed to being "social" or "comfortable with people" which is often misinterpreted as being "flirty".

When you're "flirting" are you touching other guys, or playing footsie under the table? Are you doing a lot of winking?
    Smiling a ton, throwing in some random sexual innuendos, or elbowing the person you're joking with isn't exactly flirting. Neither is being nice or having a few laughs. Are you a waitress by any chance? Or in any realm of the hospitality industry?

ohhhh thats bad....

in a very tiny apartment in a very large city
    im a nurse

Quote Originally Posted by snogginwithyou View Post
    im a nurse
    So yea, you deal with people (I'd label this hospitality) and have to be chipper and cheery.

You do it well, and I think maybe some of your actions are just misinterpreted.
    Give me something I can take,
    Can take to make the memories fade.
    Poison kiss, remember this,
    I never was meant for this day.

Quote Originally Posted by snogginwithyou View Post
    I would never cheat on him but how do i keep myself from doing something completely stupid?
    Simple. If you think the guy you're flirting with is attractive, don't flirt with him. You might not though. So, you understand why your boyfriend has concerns. Even if you yourself know that you won't cheat on him, there's no way he can know that for sure no matter how much you reassure him.

This problem may also be a reflection of his own insecurities but geez - show some respect to the guy. You could at least try to keep it down when he's with you in person.

i know i wouldnt feel comfortable if my gf flirted with other guys in front of me..

This happened to my buddy, his ex gf would flirt with me and other friends of his right in front of him to get attention... god talk about awkward =\

Hmmm, I bet if we went out for coffee I could help you with your problem, oh wait no, I meant exacerbate it, never mind. lol