+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Best friend hates my boyfriend

Best friend hates my boyfriend

So my best friend is a male and he hates my boyfriend, we've fought several times about it.

The thing is, I don't think there is any jealously involved in it. He has been with several different girls and he never makes any moves on me, he doesn't show any interest. I talk to him a bunch but I almost always initiate conversations. Maybe he likes me, but it doesn't add up. So I doubt it.

I don't know what to do because I love both of them. But my best friend absolutely despises my boyfriend and it's so easy for us to fight about it. Do I need to separate myself from my best friend?

You need to decide if you want a life listening to your so called "Best Friend" whom has no respect for your feelings may I add by putting your Bf down. Tell him it has to stop as it hurting you. Good luck

Quote Originally Posted by question1 View Post
    So my best friend is a male and he hates my boyfriend, we've fought several times about it.

The thing is, I don't think there is any jealously involved in it. He has been with several different girls and he never makes any moves on me, he doesn't show any interest. I talk to him a bunch but I almost always initiate conversations. Maybe he likes me, but it doesn't add up. So I doubt it.

I don't know what to do because I love both of them. But my best friend absolutely despises my boyfriend and it's so easy for us to fight about it. Do I need to separate myself from my best friend?

How about you stop being a little bitch and tell him to stop being a bitch about your relations with someone else? No one said that you couldn't or shouldn't be realistic about things just because you love someone.

hmm same situation, the girl i like , she said her best friend to mind her own business and not to interfere in her personal life when her best friend commented smthng abt me. and we are just friends fr the moment.
    i dont know how he is ur best friend when he hardly cares

girl68 is offline little person, big mouth
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Is his disapproval valid? Why does he dislike him so much, what are his reasons?

Quote Originally Posted by girl68 View Post
    Is his disapproval valid? Why does he dislike him so much, what are his reasons?
    Pretty good chance he's seeing something you don't; guys almost always have reasons for their hatreds (at least as adults).

Maybe you should ask your friend why he doesn't like your boyfriend. Because, frankly the only thing that makes that behavior happen is A) Jealousy or B) He knows something about your boyfriend that he isn't telling you.
    "Well, then," the Cat went on, "you see a dog growls when it's angry, and wags its tail when it's pleased. Now I growl when I'm pleased, and wag my tail when I'm angry. Therefore I'm mad."

girl68 is offline little person, big mouth
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Exactly ^

Ask him to calmly tell you why he dislikes him so much. I sense that the minute he says why he hates him so much you jump down his throat for saying anything bad about your lover. If he's your bff, you should be able to sit there, let him tell you why he dislikes your bf so much. Then tell us why he hates him so we can re-evaulate.

I can think of one time where i didn't like a friend's bf.. he was just a huge douche bag and had a history or playing games/cheating etc.. but she chose to ignore mine and many others ppl warnings and she payed the price in the end by being played.. oh well, we warned her..

Its possible that your friend has an alpha male complex and doesn't like to see other men close to you. Not a jealously related thing, more of a protective/guardian personality.

Generally when your friends/family don't like your bf/gf, there is good reason behind it. I listen to my friends because I know they have my best interests in mind, but its different for everyone.

Long time, no post Lite.

"What you really fear is inside yourself. You fear your own power.
    You fear your own anger, the drive to do great and terrible things."

The Warmonger

How long has he been your friend?
    Has he had problems with previous relationships?

Explore the possibility and TALK with him incase he picks up on something you don't. Women are blind to red flags when they are in love, and men can be serious tools. He may just be watching out for you to make sure you don't get hurt. Then you'll wanna cry on his shoulder and no guy wants snot on his fave tee.

Analyse the above questions and have a frank talk. Do you really want to lose an important friend now for a relationship that may only survive a few weeks?

maybe he's just a jealous fag...

I've NEVER been liked by my partners male friends, but I don't really GAF. I'm not with THEM, I'm with her. they can suck my hairy balls..