+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Getting Sick(er)...

Getting Sick(er)...

Yesterday I wasn't feeling very well... had a fever... was cold then hot... so I went to sleep. That was about midnight last night -- woke up about 4 pm today (yeah really messed with my schedule). So I got up long enough to let the dog go outside to do his business, walk him on the treadmill, and then put him back in the crate. I fell asleep and woke up about 10:00 pm today. Made some soup and a sandwich (no appetite but very thirsty) and posted a bit on here.

Usually I'm an insomniac and for me to be this tired is usually not a good sign. Tomorrow I'm going to stop by the clinic to see what's wrong. The spider bite is healing rather well... but I won't rule that out as being a possible contributor.

For the most part, I have a fever that won't break... feeling hot then cold... every joint hurts... either I have no appetite or feel I'm going to hurl... incredible lethargy... and even my thoughts have slowed way down... almost like a perpetual daydream. Also, I'm very congested which makes breathing difficult, and both of my hands hurt really, really bad -- makes typing a real pain. It almost feels like the pneumonia I had when I was a child... minus the bloody phlegm.

Anyway... I'm getting sleepy again, which means I'll need to bring this to a close or risk falling asleep on my keyboard. This really sucks! But the dreams are nice...
    "The weakest soul, knowing its own weakness, and believing this truth that strength can only be developed by effort and practice, will, thus believing, at once begin to exert itself, and, adding effort to effort, patience to patience, and strength to strength, will never cease to develop, and will at last grow divinely strong."

- James Allen

you have an infection of some kind. you need to see a doc pronto.
    baby ya hustle. but me i hustle harder.

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Sounds like flu.

BTW - I don't like the idea of calling something a spider bite when you didn't see the spider.

Quote Originally Posted by vashti View Post
    Sounds like flu.

BTW - I don't like the idea of calling something a spider bite when you didn't see the spider.
    Well I can't seem to see these flu viruses!

"What you really fear is inside yourself. You fear your own power.
    You fear your own anger, the drive to do great and terrible things."

The Warmonger

Quote Originally Posted by vashti View Post
    Sounds like flu.

Initially there were two small puncture wounds... far too small to have been a snake. So... I'd have to assume it was a spider since they have been seen in the house on numerous occasions and there aren't any other critters around here who would be small enough to leave such a wound.

If you were in my situation what would you call it? Two randomly occurring puncture marks?
    "The weakest soul, knowing its own weakness, and believing this truth that strength can only be developed by effort and practice, will, thus believing, at once begin to exert itself, and, adding effort to effort, patience to patience, and strength to strength, will never cease to develop, and will at last grow divinely strong."

- James Allen

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Hah! Well, I don't remember you mentioning any puncture marks when you initially posted about it, and MRSA infections are said to look exactly like spider bites when they first appear.

Anyway, I'm still betting on flu because of the fever, chills, and sweats.

Glad to hear you're going to a clinic. Let us know how it turns out.

It was a nightmare at the clinic... but they did 'squeeze' me in. After waiting an hour or so in the waiting room they asked all kinds of questions, listened to my breathing... left me alone in the room for about 15 minutes with no real explanation... then returned to tell me that I'd have to go to the county hospital as they weren't sure what I had.

So I drive the 20 miles to the nearest county hospital, wait for about 2 hours for a doctor to see me (though I think I might've dozed off a couple of times). Finally a doctor sees me.. he asks all kinds of questions... listens to my breathing... leaves me alone for about 30 minutes... then I have some x-rays done... return back to the same room only to be moved from that room to another room... then the doctor comes back to tell me that I have walking pneumonia...

I leave the hospital with a prescription... a stack of paperwork... a bill (which I know I won't be paying)... and a mission to go to the nearest pharmacy.

The doctor acted like it wasn't too big of a deal so I think the antibiotics should knock it out soon enough.

Anyway... not sure why I woke up at 2:30 am... but I'm quite sleepy and will be dozing off again.

Night all...

Oh... and the spider bite wasn't a brown recluse... he said sometimes a regular spider bite can get infected and considering the relatively unclean conditions I live in (despite how I try to keep everything clean) infections can happen. The wounds are healing up nicely and I needn't worry.

- James Allen

Walking pneumonia...how horrible! I had that once and it took me ages to get over it.

Hope you feel better soon!
    “Inside every cynical person, there is a disappointed idealist”--George Carlin