+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Can someone explain this to me?

Can someone explain this to me?

There is a lot that I just don't understand, and he is useless as far as decoding the true message beneath the unnecessary stress and aggravation.

3 years ago, I met the love of my life. We were inseparable and everything was wonderful. Then, about a year or so into the relationship, his behavior did a 180*! Instead of being sweet and supportive, he is surly and nasty. Instead of making me laugh, all he does now is make me cry.

Over the last year, he has withdrawn and pulled away from me completely, instead choosing to ally himself with the most atrocious human male specimens you couldn't find hibernating under a rock!

Now he says that he cares about me, but he doesn't love me. He loves me, but he's not in love with me. He wants to move 3000 miles away (just me and him) to start a life together, he wants space FAR away from me....

What the heck is going on?!?!

The only thing I can think of is that 2 years ago, he was severely injured at his job. When he was forced to deal with his own mortality (not to mention being ADHD and unable to move), he wanted to revert to a time in his life where things were innocent (as opposed to dealing with the situation).

This is killing me. I can't stand the thought of losing him, but I can't get through to him. I'm begging for help in understanding what is going on inside his head, and if there's anything I can say or do to reach him.

Please help. I can't live like this.

You need to read a book. It's called "he's just not that in to you." I know that was a harsh statement but you need to accept it as a fact. Read the book and it will help you to understand exactly what his actions are trying to tell you. Trust me, he is conflicted, but his conflict will never work to your advantage as much as you want it to. Just read the book. It will be worth it.

It looks to me as if you've already lost him. He's not the same person he was.

If you move 3000 miles away from everyone you know with this guy, you'll have officially done the stupidest thing possible. Wait, scratch that, the second stupidest thing. Getting pregnant would be the stupidest.

Anyway, take a deep breath, brace yourself, and ditch this guy. He's waving a sea of red flags right at you.
    Spammer Spanker

bluesummer is offline Whatever.
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I wouldn't let him move you 3000 miles away when the two of you are this unhappy. You're going to end up stranded with no one to support you emotionally if/when he treats you badly.

I think you're looking for a reason for why he's acting this way so you can 'fix' him, but I think that is going to be a massive waste of time. Don't put up with his crap HOPING that one day he'll go back to the way he was. He has no incentive to try, since you've proven you'll stick around and put up with it no matter what.
    Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever. - Mohandas Gandhi