+ Follow This Topic

Thread: my gf made fun of me in front of her friends

my gf made fun of me in front of her friends

well this is how it was, last night I said something funny and kinda made a fool of myself in our social circle at church and then my friends and my gf laughed so hard at me. I was kinda hurt with them laughing at me but I was more hurt when she laughed at me as well... it's kinda like I'm hurt like crazy when she does things like that.

I tried to forget what occured last night and when we met the following day at church again, she reminded my friends of what I did last night and all of them laughed at me again. This time, I wasn't hurt but instead I was mad at my gf for doing that. I just kept silent of their reactions. But I know that my friends feel that I WAS mad about it and so is my gf. I am really sensitive when it comes to those matters and yes I easily get hurt.

about two hours later when we parted, my gf texted me saying "hello hon! how are you today? I miss u so much already!" I replied "shut up"... from that moment she knew I was really mad at her and she knew the reason why I was mad at her. She said "Oh please forgive me! I didn't mean to do it! And I didn't mean to hurt you! Please forgive me already!". For some reason it was really hard to forgive her and I just wanted her to show how mad I was with her and told her "you already know that I'm that sensitive! You know who I am but why did you still do it?!!!" she replied, "I know I made a mistake by doing that to you! What can I do for you to forgive me?" and I replied "STFU!". After that she sent me like 30 blank messages to me over and over again and from that point I knew she was really hurt from what I said and have pushed myself to the limit... I was really hurt and mad at the same time when she did that. I mean it really hurts if it's the person you love who makes fun of you.

Now I feel bad for doing that to her and feel sorry but at the same time I still can't forgive her for what she did. There is still anger left in me... I want to say sorry for what I've said but can't bring myself to do it. Any advice and comments you can say about this? Not even my friends know about this and this just happened today.

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Since you didn't mention what they were laughing at, it's hard to guage if you are being too sensitive or not.

In any case, if someone is VERY angry, it is probably better to take a little time to yourself to regain your composure, and then try to discuss the problem.

While it is a great thing to not take yourself too seriously and to be able to laugh at yourself, it is also important that people avoid humiliating each other intentionally.

Illusional is offline different state of mind
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    ^^^^^ hahaha that was hilarious... where's my thanks button. it made me laugh so hard.

raverboy
    ...this is just my perspective on the situation...

learn to laugh at yourself, and maybe in the future those kinds of situations won't bother you so much, it will happen again, you got to get some thick skin (think thats how you say it).

But I also agree that outright humiliation is disrespectful.

you can learn to be less sensitive next time.

Charlie Boy II is offline Registered User
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by tossip View Post
    about two hours later when we parted, my gf texted me saying "hello hon! how are you today? I miss u so much already!" I replied "shut up"
    LMFAO. That cracked me up.
    Is it burnin'? Well, f-ck, now you're learnin'.

That really gave me a good morning tickle in my belly too
    ..::.*Love is giving someone the ability to break your heart but trusting them not to*.::..

girl68 is offline little person, big mouth
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    How old are you!?