+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: how to resist texting someone

how to resist texting someone

So I know we are done (or mostly done) and we dont talk but I know he still has eyes on me at work and so on..
    We had big fight and I'm convinced things are over.

I'm still tempted to message him and its killing me..
    some of the few messages I never sent but thought of was
    "I'm at costa coffee shop, wanna join?"
    "not sure what to say anymore, just lets forget all the fights"
    "dad is sick, pray for him" (dad was really sick but still dont wanna use my dad sickness in my relationship)
    "if loving you is a sin..then I'm happy with my sin"

and lots of random messages..ofcourse none are sent..but how do you usually resist the temptation? and the those scenario in your mind?

Turn your phone off or put it away unless you need to have it on. Try writing your ex an email, pour your heart out in it and then delete it or save it as a draft. The next time you feel like you want to get something off your chest, go back to that email and read what you wrote prior and then write what you're feeling at the moment.

Eventually you'll have gotten all of those emotions out of your system. It'll get easier, it's a hump you have to get over and it takes alot of will power.

Go buy a notebook or journal, dedicate it totally to getting over this guy.

Everytime you want to talk, text or call him pick up that notebook and write. Every few pages make yourself write down all the reasons you need to get over him.

Write, write, write. Write till your hand is sore and your tears are dry.

It really does help.

Call your cellular provider and have them block that number from sending you texts.

or erase his number/email.

yeah erase the number so u cant text him

this is a first, at least coming from a girls point of view. because me being in this situation has happened to me where i was tempted to call the girl. but being weak to temptation, i gave in and ruined it even more. right now im in it still; you just have to erase the number.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]so you lost a limb but hell, you will heal in time.

Delete his number. I've seen this kind of thing make the situation even worse. When my girlfriend's ex-boyfriend started sending her innocent little text messages after they broke up -- like "how was your day?" -- it just made her hate him even more. She very clearly saw his messages as an attempt to cozy back up to her, with the possibility of rekindling their relationship. She wasn't interested.

Sorry sweetie... but it doesn't matter whether you delete the number or not if he still has your number he can still text you. If you really want to stop him from texting you... you have two options...

1. Call your cellular provider and report harrassing texts and have his number blocked from sending you texts.

OR

2. Have your cellphone number changed and not give him the number for him to text you.

If you just wanna text him, pick a random digit from his phone number,remove it, and save it like that. Then, when you're tempted to txt him, you can but know he'll never get it.
    I've saved myself that way a few times. Then if he tries to call you or w/e, his number won't be saved in your phone properly so it'll just pop up with the number. I'm trained not to answer my cell if it's a number I won't recognise and if he txts you, delete it.

Delete the number

It's funny how everyone says "delete the number". Am I the only one who remembers phone numbers? I used to have ALL of my friends' numbers memorized - actually, I still remember all of the phone numbers of people I used to call before I got a cell. And if it's someone I like and talk to/text often, I will memorize his number. I deleted a guy's number and still managed to send him unfortunate texts.

I know that most people don't feel the need to memorize phone numbers because they have their cell phones, but I think it's fairly normal to know your SO's/ex's phone number by heart.

I will delete his number (I believe thats best) ..
    When I was on college and broke up with my first love, I remember I was very strong, I deleted his number and never called him again

Two years later he called..I answered but couldnt recognize his voice and he felt ashamed lol

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Just have his messages go straight to your trash.
    Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

Heh my phone can't do that.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast