+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Well, tomorrow is the day.

Well, tomorrow is the day.

Tomorrow is the day that I will be tested, like many men(and women) have before me. Up until this point in my life, I have never done this before. Never before, have I told a girl that I liked/had feelings for her. I am in college, and have been to many parties. Im only used to drinking, followed by just hooking up with other drunk girls. Classy, eh?

The anticipation has been killing me all week. At first, we had a really good plan for an entire day. However, due to unusual circumstances, and the fact that she is heading back home in a few days and due to time restraints, we can only hang out in the morning/afternoon (as opposed to the afternoon/night which would have been much better in my opinion).

Basic history on me and this girl, we met about a year ago. Talked a lot on facebook/myspace, and have hung out quite a few times. I still don't know how she feels about me though. I have always looked for clues in body language, whether positive or negative, and usually it was just very... neutral. She laughs at almost anything remotely funny I say, however. And doesn't really seem to mind it when I am sitting close to her. I've seen a lot of girls instantly move away when I sit next to them etc.. so that may be a good sign I suppose?

We're going on a pretty long hike tomorrow. At least 3 hours. It's a really awesome hike, with really nice lakes/ponds with waterfalls to swim in. We both really love hiking, so I think it was a good place to go with her.

Now up until this point, I was planning on telling her after our hike, back when we're at my house(which is pretty close to the hike). However, since the schedule was changed to morning/afternoon instead, I think I may have to tell her on the hike instead now. I don't know how i'm going to tell her. As said before, I have never done this before and am afraid that I will ruin the one chance I have at doing things right.

I am definitely putting this up on a pedestal, but don't we all when we anticipate things too much? One part of me is saying, "she is the most damned beautiful girl i have ever seen, and there's no way shed like me", while the other side is saying "she's a human being just like everyone else, just as imperfect, and vulnerable as you".

Regardless of which side I listen to, i'm going to tell her either way. And I am going to try my best to assert my confidence, and be a man when I do it. Normally, i'd just go for a kiss. But like I said, I have no clue is she likes me or not. If I had at least something to work with, i'd probably go for it without thinking twice.

In the end, the universe has a plan for the both of us. And i'm about to find out if our paths were meant to converge into more then just friendship. If things go south, then the universe simply has a better plan out there for me. And yes, I will be pretty sad and disappointed if this is the outcome. I've been rejected by girls several times before, however I have never liked someone this much before. Usually, it was because of looks, or something one-dimensional. Not only is this girl gorgeous, but she has a very strong and defined personality that I really like. A golden aura if you will. But damn, it would really make my day if I could actually date this girl.

If there anything else I can do to prepare? Someone please help me

No advice, but good luck! Remember to try to relax and just enjoy spending time with her, don't ruin the whole day worrying about what you're going to say.

don't do it, lad. You might as well hand her a jar with your balls in it.

dont do what?

<face palm> did you forget what your own thread is about?

so i shouldnt tell her at all? how is that suppose to help me

it's suppose to stop you from making a mistake. By all means, go ahead if you don't want to listen to me. We all have to learn somehow.

Quote Originally Posted by afterhourz View Post
    so i shouldnt tell her at all? how is that suppose to help me

It doesn't, unless you're trying to nurture a fear of emotional intimacy.

How is it a mistake? Id rather be a man and tell a girl how I feel, instead of being a lame wimp and not telling her. Then, years from now, find out that she did infact like me back then. I think living in 'what if' would be a bigger mistake then the possibility of getting rejected, dont you think?

never tell a girl you like her b/c it has the opposite effect than what you'd expect. In your mind, it shows that you're a man. In her mind, you're probably too shy and insecure to make a move. It conveys a lack of confidence on your part to opt for the path of least resistance. Before I part you, I leave you with this quote: "actions speak louder than words." So true.

If you really love her, will make your sincerity moved her, believe you and bless you

Well, I definitely agree neo. I wasn't just planning on putting my hands inside my lap, looking down on the floor and spilling the beans.

I was gonna atleast have an arm around her hip when I tell her, does that count?

Like I said, if I get any indication that she's into it, im going for the kiss. But i still dont know exactly what im going to do

so how did it go?

Hope you didn't tell her on or before the hike, cuz if she doesn't reciprocate your feelings, it may make for some awkward trekking.

I don't get it, it sounds like you're asking her to marry you or something? I can't remember the last time I planned on telling someone I liked them or loved them, I think passing a note in Junior High. Maybe I'm missing something in the original post? ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast