+ Follow This Topic
Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Fiance and His Mother

Quote Originally Posted by Sonrisa View Post
    I dunno Giga, we are talking about an Italian mama here. that must be taken into consideration.
    She is a French Mama. I a very rich french woman. Anako's Father's side is Italian... very rich as well... never have a problem with them. They love me and accept me for who I am.

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I don't understand why you seem to attract so much controversy, coco. I mean, in my whole life, there has never been ANYONE whose mother I haven't been able to win over, male or female. I really can't help but think you play a role here. Again, it's really not so hard to just get along, and it shouldn't be so painful to let his mom have her momentary pleasure in cooking something for the boy she raised into the man you love.

And who gives a rat's ass about the kitchen? If she makes a mess, tell anako to clean it up. Quit making mountains out of molehills.

Vashti stop trying to start shit with me and actually post something that actually makes sense to what I am REALLY complaining about.

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    That is my point. You complain about stupid stuff. His mother must have noticed.

This is genuine advice, BTW. Really, you've gotta lighten up. She's not going anywhere.

Oh okay. I need to lighten up. I have never disrespected this woman and she doesn't like me because I come from a different background and different upbringing. She's always doing shit to piss me off and the most I have ever done is ask why she doesn't like me. I have talked to Anako about this but I want him to at least stand up for me and not let her do that me. Especially in front of other people. It's freakin' humiliating and I don't understand why you think I shouldn't want Anako to at least say something about it?

I have never bitched at him about this. I am not even upset with him because he does know what his Mom is up to. He just doesn't do anything about it. I mean this is the same woman who said, "They were probably gang bangers" when my twin brothers were murdered. She's vicious!

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    hah! okay. I love it when people start off complaining about idiotic stuff, and then "surprise" you withthe big stuff when the original complaint is outed as trivial.

Sonrisa is offline Gwynplaine
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    you had twin brothers?
    mo'Dajvo' pa'wIjDaq je narghpu' He'So'bogh SajlIj

The only thing I didn't mention in my original post is what she said about my brothers because she did at least apologize for saying it. But it still hurt like hell.

Yes I had twin brothers.
    But anyway... thanks for the advice I guess.

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by Gigabitch View Post
    Meh, I have very little patience for this type of thing. My ex-husband is 40 years old and is still tied to his mama's apron strings. It's disgusting.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sonrisa View Post
    I think it's a matter of respect. Do you have boys, Giga?
    My husband has immense respect for his parents (I'm the same, but not male) and this kind of thing doesn't go on.

I think the problem is more the parents not respecting the children. Once your children become adults, especially with their own family, the dynamic should change to less parenting and more friendship.
    Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by IndiReloaded View Post
    My husband has immense respect for his parents (I'm the same, but not male) and this kind of thing doesn't go on.

I think the problem is more the parents not respecting the children. Once your children become adults, especially with their own family, the dynamic should change to less parenting and more friendship.
    it's all fine and dandy, but good luck changing an old person and their habits.

I don't expect her to change her ways but I do expect for her to respect me the way I respect her. Holidays are around the corner and I probably won't be invited to their family dinner again. Although I did invite her to come over while Antonio's Father's side of the family comes over to visit. :/ I just want us to be able to be in the same room without all of that nonsense.

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    again???????????

Yes... again. I compromised a lot because I was never brought up on celebrating holidays. My family never made a big deal about them so it was just another day for me. In 07.. Anako really wanted me to celebrate because it would be his first Thanksgiving without his Dad. She didn't want me to come. Same for Christmas. It was the same last year. I am almost certain it will be the same way this year.

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by CocoChanel View Post
    Yes... again. I compromised a lot because I was never brought up on celebrating holidays. My family never made a big deal about them so it was just another day for me. In 07.. Anako really wanted me to celebrate because it would be his first Thanksgiving without his Dad. She didn't want me to come. Same for Christmas. It was the same last year. I am almost certain it will be the same way this year.
    and you been together for 5 years?

Yep Yep. Almost Six years in a couple of months. Nothing has gotten better... only worse.

Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast