+ Follow This Topic
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Why Do Women Like Jerks?

bold men are highly sexified.
    baby ya hustle. but me i hustle harder.

Quote Originally Posted by Gribble View Post
    Wait. Boldness is a step up from confidence. A bold man is a man who approaches the woman every other guy thinks is out of his league. A bold man goes in for the kiss on the first date. He's courageous and daring.
    lol I see it like this:

The bold guy is the guy who has to hype himself up to talk to a girl. The confident guy doesn't give a shit about what the girl thinks.

But again, confident isn't something you can just decide to be. You either are or you're not.

Approaching the girl that every other guy thinks is out of his league doesn't make a guy confident, it just makes every other guy a pussy ass bitch.
    Last edited by Sanctuary; 25-11-09 at 11:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by shheadz View Post
    I brought this up because I just ended a short relationship with a 21 year old girl (I'm 33) with self-esteem and emotional issues, and I treated her really well. Despite that, I feel like I lost her interest pretty early in the relationship. Yes, there could have been other reasons, but I'm confident the relationship would have lasted longer if I simply blew her off more, and gave her less attention.

She's dated a string of assholes before meeting me, and will no doubt go on to date some more. I guess that's the real rub here: I can understand girls with low self-esteem settling for jerks, but it seems they also seek them out.

Anyway, I learned my lesson. Stay away from the young girls, and stay away from women with self-esteem issues.

P.S. I'm no pussy or push over. I'm a former Marine, and I carry myself with a lot of self confidence, and a bit of an ego. I work with this girl, and at work I am the alpha-male (see the ego there?), and I show it. So I didn't lose her interest because I'm some kind of a nancy-boy. I just treated her really, really well, and apparently that didn't give her the challenge or emotional heart-ache she needed to be "happy".
    My husband once told me about a past dating experience in which the woman broke up with him for being "too nice."

I would sincerely like to shake her hand, because her loss is my gain.

Look at it this way, Shheadz. Now you're free to go find the woman who will appreciate the respect you give her.
    “Inside every cynical person, there is a disappointed idealist”--George Carlin

I'm laughing my ass off at all the female posters saying they don't like jerks. Duh! Of course you're not going to openly admit you like assholes. That's like a fish saying they don't like getting skewered by hooks, but they still fall for the bait

It hurts, but he's right.

Quote Originally Posted by Only-virgins View Post
    This guy sets his forum mood to "Devilish" and he thinks he is hot shit lol.
    Dude, I am the man. I'm all that in a bag of potato chips.

Quote Originally Posted by shheadz View Post
    Let me define a jerk:
    • He blows off his girlfriend at the last minute to go hang out with friends, or hangs out with friends on typical "date nights".
    • He talks to other girls at the bars when they go out, instead of talking to her.
    • He doesn't call often, or doesn't return her calls/texts.
    • He doesn't compliment her very often, and in fact may tear down her self-esteem.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanctuary View Post
    The confident guy doesn't give a shit about what the girl thinks.
    Kind of the same.
    Are we able to fall for her and still be confident ?

Quote Originally Posted by Sanctuary
    The confident guy doesn't give a shit about what the girl thinks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Radiokopf View Post
    Kind of the same.
    Are we able to fall for her and still be confident ?
    I guess I should revise that.

The confident guy doesn't give a shit about what the girl thinks about him.

That doesn't mean he doesn't care about her. Nor does it mean he won't care if he falls for her and his feelings aren't reciprocated.

You guys are taking my words too literally lol
    Last edited by Sanctuary; 26-11-09 at 12:44 AM.

neo and lilwang you guys are not jerks. sorry.

Misombra, I never claimed to be one.

Let me restate my points:

1. Girls don't fall for jerks, they fall for confident guys.
    2. Most jerks tend to be confident.
    3. A confident jerk is better than a nice guy who isn't confident because he acts like a bitch.
    4. A confident nice guy > a confident jerk

Quote Originally Posted by misombra View Post
    neo and lilwang you guys are not jerks. sorry.
    I know I'm not a jerk, I'm just being funny. I'm a really nice guy actually. However I am confident

Quote Originally Posted by Sanctuary View Post
    Let me restate my points:

1. Girls don't fall for jerks, they fall for confident guys.
    2. Most jerks tend to be confident.
    3. A confident jerk is better than a nice guy who isn't confident because he acts like a bitch.
    4. A confident nice guy > a confident jerk
    I pretty much agree with this.

it's like that that movie team america where they talked about pussies, dicks, and assholes.

or haha, my favorite episode of south park where satan was trying to choose between sadam and chris.

I've been dating a jerk for two years.
    When I first met him, he was nice, amazing, funny, passionate about his own interests, passionate about me
    And we were all lovey dovey for a little while, then every once and a while he'd do something that really pissed me off but he was stubborn and never admitted that it may have been wrong in any way. But I was SOOO inlove with him that I'd keep the relationship moving forward.... and forward, in two years later we moved in with eachother... and my friends noticed a lot of things about him that they didn't like, but I'd just shrug my shoulders and say it's just how he is. And then before I know it I'm up to my neck in problems that I let him get away with.
    And he doesn't want to put any effort into the relationship (Afterall I'm so inlove with him, I was giving him EVERYTHING without him lifting a finger.. must have been nice) And even when he has everything he stopped wanting me to kiss him as often, definately slowed down on sex, pretty much any form of physical expression was not wanted. Even just saying I love you "at the wrong moment" would make him come back with some snoody comment.
    And you can sure as hell bet that he wasn't calling me or returning phonecalls. "Because I live with him, And he already has me, doesn't need to worry about those things"

Anyways. It's partially my fault for letting him get away with so much because I was so inlove with him. But I told him I'm sick of it and got the hell outta there. It takes a lot to do that though, believe me. The person he was during that first year?? I would have Married him... I would have had kids in a heartbeat! And when you love someone THAT MUCH you never want to believe they're such a jerk... you keep hoping your old prince will return.
    As human beings we all want to be happy and free from misery.
    We have learned that the key to happiness is inner peace.
    The greatest obstacles to inner peace are disturbing emotions such as
    anger and attachment, fear and suspicion,
    while love and compassion, a sense of universal responsibility
    are the sources of peace and happiness.

~Dalai Lama

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast