+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Shy guy updates

Shy guy updates

Hiiiiiiiiiiiiii,
    Just want to let you guys know that we are together. =D He is very nice and loving, and won't stop telling me that I was perfect.
    Thanks everyone for your help~~~

================================================== ========

Hi guys,
    Thanks for your kind replies to my previous post. For those who cares and remembers, here are some updates.

He called me the night before my exam and wished me good luck. I invited him to my apartment yesterday to see a movie.
    He was one hour late but later he arrived and explained that he forgot his cellphone in his office and had to go get it. huh...
    Anyway, he brought a cute movie because the last one we saw was serious and I guess he wanted me to enjoy it more. It was obviously not romantic enough for a date and too childish for him, but at least I enjoyed it.
    We watched this movie in my bed, with lights turned off. He put his arm next to mine and I rested my head on his shoulder toward end of the movie.
    After movie we talked and had some beer. We shared a bottle of beer, and some sweet wine I had.
    I asked him what he thought of me and he told me he liked me with no hesitation. He asked me the same question and I said he was nice and I liked him.
    His response was...Thank you.
    I told him if he liked me then I thought he sucked at asking girls out but that was why I liked him. Seriously, he is so shy that I was sure that he wasn't going to make a move although we were alone in my apt and the light was turned off. I felt safe. haha I feel bad that I was testing him and playing hard to get.
    He said he was inexperienced because all of his EXs asked him out.

We spent 4 hours together and he left my apartment at 2:30am. When we were in the hallway, I grabbed his arm (again) and then we were holding hands for 5 secs.
    After a dark movie night+drinking, we were holding hands for 5 secs. How old are we, 8-year old? I think it was cute.
    He forgot something in my apartment so today we met up and had lunch.
    I called him tonight at 11ish, and asked him if he wanted to hang out during Thanksgiving break and I would leave time for him. I told him that he did not have to but he said he wanted to.

Now I am worried because I do not want be the man, and it seemed that he was more shy than I thought. I regret rejecting him many times and now I am doing the inviting and calls.

And also he mentioned that in his previous relationship, although I wouldn't call it a relationship-it was more like a couple of dates, the girl complained that he never called. hmmm. I like talking to my bf before I go to bed. So somehow this is not going to work out.

I have two friends who are engaged and the guy is clumsy and shy. Now they are having this great relationship. I always wanted a relationship like that so maybe that's why I do not want to give it up.
    Last edited by lilsunflower; 30-11-09 at 06:39 AM.

Its hard to say what you should do because only you can decide.. If you like him then work on the shyness with him, if you don't think it will work out then move on..

His response was...Thank you.
    lol! He should've kissed you! Better yet, you should've kissed him!

After a dark movie night+drinking, we were holding hands for 5 secs. How old are we, 8-year old? I think it was cute.
    haha. At least you know you can trust him.

Quote Originally Posted by lilsunflower View Post
    He was one hour late but later he arrived and explained that he forgot his cellphone in his office and had to go get it. huh...
    I like how you turn into a bald asian man with mustache when you suspect that he's lying.
    Last edited by Sanctuary; 25-11-09 at 06:22 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sanctuary View Post

I like how you turn into a bald asian man with mustache when you suspect that he's lying.
    haha this is the suspicious look. I do believe he forgot his phone, but he was driving and his office was 20 min walking distance away from my apt. I think it was a combination of him being late and he forgot his phone in his office.
    Last edited by lilsunflower; 25-11-09 at 06:54 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sanctuary View Post

yes I do. After I told my girl friend about my night with him she asked me if we made out. lol I was like, come on, nothing was going to happen unless I raped him.

I hope everything works out. He may not be shy for too long. Sometimes being around certain people you like, you express more of yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by Franklin View Post
    I hope everything works out. He may not be shy for too long. Sometimes being around certain people you like, you express more of yourself.
    yeah, I do like him because of his shyness, but honestly speaking being 'the lead' in a relationship is not exactly what I enjoy. He patted on my shoulder after we held hands and should I see it as a sign of improvement?
    lol
    He is so turning me into a manly lesbian.

I read the OP while eating a hot dog and chips. Can someone get me a beer and more salsa, please? Thanks.

you better not be eating that picante crap.
    baby ya hustle. but me i hustle harder.

Oh yeah...you rejected him so many times that he's going to let you be the dude, sweetie. Its a common issue these days...the women seem to take the lead on most stuff. Oh well, if you want him, just tell him that he belongs to you. Feed him and change his newspapers once a week. He'll be a very docile mate and you'll die of boredom.

Another beer, please!

Quote Originally Posted by misombra View Post
    you better not be eating that picante crap.
    LOL. My Panamanian friend HATES salsa. He says that Americans are idiots with their salsa addiction. Me? Whatever is hotter than hell and goes well with salty chips and beer....come to think of it, that could be a description of you, Mis...the hottie

Quote Originally Posted by CAM View Post
    Oh yeah...you rejected him so many times that he's going to let you be the dude, sweetie. Its a common issue these days...the women seem to take the lead on most stuff. Oh well, if you want him, just tell him that he belongs to you. Feed him and change his newspapers once a week. He'll be a very docile mate and you'll die of boredom.

Another beer, please!

you are funny. I like your comments. ROFL

Ask him if he's willing to try cognitive therapy to get over his shyness.
    I want a girl who likes to talk. ......I just dont know what to say sometimes and would rather just listen.

Shyness shouldn't be a problem, get out of the shell and do whatever you want to do.
    You can't advertise in your sig, Cassy. You can't advertise here at all, anywhere.