+ Follow This Topic

Thread: He asks that I call him, but, he says he won't call me

He asks that I call him, but, he says he won't call me

Is this..he's just not that into you stuff? He tells me he wants me to call him, says, he wants to be friends.(this is an ex of mine, we hadn't spoken in years until now) However, I asked that he call me from time to time and his response was that he doesn't even call the friends he hangsout with and that if I leave it up to him to call we will never talk. But whenever I call or text he answers right away, we have long conversations, it is great. But I don't get the not calling me thing. Any thoughts?

don't call him. leave him alone. if he wants to be friends he can call you too. friends call each other. not just one calling the other all the time.
    baby ya hustle. but me i hustle harder.

The only people I call to chit-chat are my Mom and my girl, the rest I tend to only call when there's a specific reason to (making plans, ask a question, etc.). Lot's of guys do the same thing, as you're seeing. If you still want to be friends, call and talk from time to time; there's no reason to cut him off.

While I'm not a fan, in general, of He's Not That Into You, in this instance it doesn't apply in any way, since you're strictly friends.

girl68 is offline little person, big mouth
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Friendship like any relationship must be 2 ways. Your ex wants it one way and only one, seems like a pathetic attempt at friendship on his part.

Here is what i don't understand. We had a really bad breakup, years ago. Now when we talk, he will bring up stuff about our relationship, he told me he still has the ring i gave him and he keeps it in his dresser, the pictures we had together, he told me he hasn't had a relationship in 5 years and that he used to think I was his soulmate when we were together and that every realtionship he's had since me he's compared to what we had, but, it never panned out. He said that he finds girls who dress down sexy and that he used to like the way that I dressed except when I got all made up. Anytime I call he answers right away. But if I get serious and ask him about past realtionships or I try to talk to him about mine, he blows me off. I asked him if he has feelings for me and he said no. I am really confused

he might be a really lazy guy that don't like to explain what he doesn't want to explain, and too lazy to make phone calls~
    but one thing for sure he doesn't care about you as much as you care about him

You're not friends. For God's sake, let him go.
    Spammer Spanker

It reminds me of my last bf. He never called me but was always eager for me to call him. I now know why: he was still seeing his ex-wife and perhaps other women as well. He wants no commitments with anybody therefore, if I call him then I'm the one making the invitation...get it?! If he were to call ME then he would risk me demanding more of him and he wants to be FREE...like a "call-boy".
    I hope I was able to transmit my message and that I was helpful.

Good chance he is just shy. I was like that years ago, and ruined a perfectly good chance with a girl because I never texted her or called her unless she did it first. My thinking back then was "I don't know if she's busy right now, so I'll wait for her to text me".