+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Would this scare you off?

Would this scare you off?

Hi,

for a while now me and a girl who i fancy have been chatting and flirting for a bit now.she asked me to do some work for her and when i told her i was crap at the chosen job and had a professional friend who would do it for free she still wanted me to do it for her.she also approached me in the shops and giggled and looked and smiled back after the conversation had ended.
    So i decided to ask her out.now i am not an overly confident guy because the 8 other girlfriends i have had have asked me out first so i have no experience in the matter.so i asked her to a theme park for the day which is about 2hrs away and naturally i would pay for everything.a female friend of mine who i told the story to said it was way too big for a first date.what is everybody elses verdict????

girl68 is offline little person, big mouth
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    You asked her what did she say!?

If she said yes, go gives a hell what your friend says... she's already accepted.

I think you should joke light heartedly and use your personality to get her to go out with you by thinking positively.

kms is offline Registered User
    Users Country Flag
    Depends on the girl. Plus, if she likes you already then it probably isn't a big deal. If she's interested but not completely head over heels in love yet, it might be a slightly big step. You already asked though right, so I guess it's too late to do anything differently!

In the future, perhaps asking her to have coffee with you or something a little closer to home might be a 'safer' route to take.

I personally like when there are big plans for the first date..... Nothing is worse than seeing a movie the first time you go out and nothing is more generic than dinner and drinks. Doing something different makes it memorable and fun. It would be overboard say you got a romantic horse and carriage ride for date one. That would be too much for me but I say A+ on the amusement park idea.

The amusement park is a perfect date even with the 2 hour drive. But you have to frame it right when you ask her out. If you make it seem like a big romantic thing then it won't work. When you ask her out do it in such a way so that she gets the idea that she is hanging out with you and you guys are just having a good time, like its no big deal. Might even consider getting a couple more friends to gowith you and make it a social event. Mabey see if she has a friend that might go too. If you are going to spend an entire day with her it won't matter that other people are present. Sooner or later you will find a moment during the day to get her off to the side alone and kiss her to get things moving towards a relationship.

The ladies here might disagree, but that does sound like a really big first date. It might be ok if you both lived next to the park, but you're making your first date a whole day trip. That can be a test of patience for anyone, let alone two people trying to build a romance.

My third real date with my last girlfriend was a concert, and it was a 2 1/2 hour drive away. She had never been to a concert before, and it was one of her all time favorite bands. So imagine that! I got to be the guy that took her to her first concert. Needless to say she had a great time, and that was a "big" date, and it was totally worth it.

BUT, we had already been on a couple casual dates close to home, and spent a few nights at my place having drinks. We already knew we could have a good time with each other before embarking on a long all day trip together.

First dates are all about two people getting to know each other, and finding out if there is a spark between them or not. I'd keep the first date casual, short, and most import of all fun. Two hour drives there and back is not fun.

--
    I completely agree with wizduels. If you're going to do the park anyway, then try to bring other people with you.

i think if I already like a man, then I will find it romantic. However, if I just think this guy is nice and I wanna learn more about him, I'd rather get coffee with him for a first date