+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Break Up and the aftermath...

Break Up and the aftermath...

My girlfriend broke up with me about 3 months ago. We had been together for more than 4 years and the first 2 years were great but then we had some problems for the last 2.We lost our friendship and began to act like a married couple. When we broke up we knew that we wanted to remain friends. She was my best friend. We were close friends for about 9 months before we started dating. When we broke up I was devastated and pursued getting her back too hard. After a couple of months of trying to hang out as friends and not really succeeding because of my inability to deal with the breakup she told me that she had no physical interest for me anymore. I still love her and she knows this. We had a great conversation recently and to me it felt like we were good friends again. My question is with her saying that she has no physical attraction to me (given the way I had handled the breakup and afterwards) is there anyway to ever get that back? I know a lot of the things that I did wrong in the relationship and when we broke up we said to each other that if we got back together we wanted it to be very different than what we had ever had. I know I should have handled everything differently when we broke up. I acted very desperate and broken. I begged her to come back. Hindsight is 20/20. I have changed and want the opportunity to show her that in a friendship and a relationship. Is there any chance?

yes, but very slim, and may take a long time at getting her back. It will take a great deal of patience and time to show her you have changed and get her to have interest in you
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

you've actually got to change, not just say/pretent you've changed...I would imagine that it will be quite tough to get her back....I'm sure there's other chicks out there though that might be better than the ex?!?!?!

If you got back with her I'm sure you guys would probably fall into your old ways again anyhow......its just how it happens.