+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Relationship advice?

Relationship advice?

Hey everyone, I was hoping I could get some advice or opinions about my relationship troubles. Me and my girlfriend have been together for a little over 3 years now and we've always had our ups and downs, just like any couple. However, lately it seems like we are fighting every single week, and it's driving me crazy. I'm not sure how much more I can take. We both go to the same college, so we spend a great deal of time together. Anyway, lately she gets upset with me over every single thing I may or may not do. When she gets upset, she gets in these moods where she will not speak to me for as long as it takes for me to get her to communicate to me. She's told me in the past she has communication issues, and it shows every time. The thing is that she gets upset with me over absolutely nothing...things I feel should never have turned into an argument in the first place. Just an example was when we went ice skating last week with some friends. She was in one of her moods again and wouldn't speak to me the whole day or night. Afterwards she was pissed off at me because we went ice skating and she was tired and her foot hurt the whole night. However I had no idea how she was feeling (not speaking with me the whole day) so I suggested we went ice skating, and when I saw she looked so miserable I said "be happy..try and have some fun". That apparently set her off because in her mind, I made her ice skate and then told her she has to have fun as well. If only she just let me know in the first place, shes tired or doesn't feel well..Id never "make" her doing anything she doesn't want to. It's always stuff like this..and this week she's mad at me for something else, and I have no idea what. I asked her what was wrong, and she tells me she doesn't want to talk about it..and wants to forget it. I agreed, reluctantly, and now this morning..the same old bullshit. She wouldn't even look at me, let alone talk to me. I can't stand this anymore, and I feel like absolute crap. I invest so much time, energy, and everything into this relationship, and I'm afraid that I'm getting to the point of snapping. I love the girl a lot..so I really don't know what to do. I know a relationship with no communication is doomed. Sigh...any advice? (Sorry this ran a bit long..I felt like this was somewhat of a rant lol)

Thanks,
    Tom

hey Tom, sorry about that I know what its like trying to be a good b/f to someone that you love. I was also in your situation awhile back with my ex. I did exactly what you did, asking her whats wrong? please talk to me, i'm here for you etc...But, it looks like the more I tried to find out the more she get pissed at me. So, what I did was stop asking her about her problems and left her alone. Once in awhile I'll send her a text message stated i'm here for her if she needed someone to talk to.

Sometimes girls needs time for themself to short out their own problems. All you can do is be kind to her and let her know you here for her.

Best of luck to you.

I used to act like your gf when i was younger (about 13-16), the reason for it, is that I want more attention, then i realized that was really childish and stupid.
    I'm sorry for what you are going through, communication is the key to a relationship, you guys need to talk things out, try to talk to her, if she doesn't talk, then lay the fact out, and tell her what you've gone through, and what you feel about her actions.
    If she really loves you, she should understand how you feel, and try to make you feel better!