+ Follow This Topic
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What crappy job do YOU have ??

im the broker assistant for a real estate office. i wrk 7 days a week m-f 9:15am to 1:15pm sat & sun 9 to 5. m-th i go to school from 6 to 11 pm. i like my job and i get to post alot while im at work cuz no one cares really as long as i get all the contracts done and stuff but i cant wait till im out assisitng in the OR only a few more moths right now. Im a senior now!!!!!!

Illusional is offline different state of mind
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    i swear, i think the best jobs usually form around either a good set of coworkers who you can trust to do the work with on a constant basis, reguardless of how tedious it gets.. or secondly, a job that will take care of you. when you have both, don't you feel so secure?? i hated my last job also.. raverboy
    ...this is just my perspective on the situation...

I'll chime in. All of last year I was an unofficial essay tutor, I wrote people's essays for lots of money. (I charged a grad student at Stanford $1800 for a 30 page term-paper - rush job.) But last summer I worked as a Loan Officer for a mortgage company. I made bank, I got enough cash to cover textbooks + food + housing + tuition over 2 months, smooth talking skills go a long way, I tell ya.

But school's starting after this weekend and I won't have the hours to be a loan officer, since I tend to be busy enough with an overload of classes and a vibrant social life. I'll be coaching speech & debate for my old high school and I'll probably tutor SATs again on an individual basis. Cal's gonna take up the rest of my time.

Oh, and I'll probably still write essays for $$$, just not for my friends because they're smart and it pisses me off watching them beg me to write essays for them. One of them always did his English papers with pride, then I wrote two for him cause he was busy with lots of tests and his shift got doubled, once the teacher made them both model papers for the class, he's suddenly lost faith in his own writing and begs me for mine. So no more writing for friends.
    I gave you my heart
    I gave you my soul
    Now I'm just another number
    at the Center for Disease Control

high school senior. having no real responsibilities rocks.

I work doing software development and writing, in addition to all of the other miscellaneous website-related tasks that no one else takes the responsibility to finish.
    Last edited by Anthony; 28-08-04 at 04:56 PM.

I was a factory worker for a lounge manufacturer up untill almost 2 weeks ago. I quit that and I start a new job in a few days. Still not sure exactly what my job title is as the manager wasnt quite clear on my exact position. But it will entail quality control and dispatch work for food products going to supermarkets.

i agree

Quote Originally Posted by Illusional
    i swear, i think the best jobs usually form around either a good set of coworkers who you can trust to do the work with on a constant basis, reguardless of how tedious it gets.. or secondly, a job that will take care of you. when you have both, don't you feel so secure?? i hated my last job also.. raverboy
    I so agree with you i really have a great relationship w/ my sidekick amber. we know eachother needs and moods and we see eachother every day its my home away from home. The agents in my office are cool too. my boss hes a nut but cool too but somtimes i cant stand how msp he could be but thats him and im me and we all are unique in our own ways.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12