+ Follow This Topic

Thread: What is he thinking?

What is he thinking?

Hey so I need advice on my current situation. This year in June my boyfriend and I of a year and a half broke up because of our fighting and my trust issues. Over the summer we both got together with other people and rarely talked. There was a point in which I tried to get back together but he only told me about his new girl and how awesome she was. I figured there was no chance and started dating someone else. As soon as this happened he confessed he was still in love with me and would come over and cry his eyes out telling me how he had made a mistake and would always love me. My then relationship was over almost as soon as it started. Once we were both single we continued to talk but he was still talking to other girls saying we would work things out as we went. I would sleep over his house on weekends and we hungout occasionaly. We still said I love you and it was if we were back to normal. Then one night he gave me a diamond ring and said it was a promise ring he purchased for me when he still wanted to get back together but he wasn't sure what he wanted now. Not long later I made the mistake of accusing him of lying about something that happened a year earlier. Apparently that was the last straw for him and he told me not to speak to him anymore. I continued to bog him down with calls and texts to which many I got no response. I then found out he was together with someone new. I finally stopped and a few nights later he texted me the lyrics to part of a Jason Aldean song, so I asked about the new girl and he went on to tell me how awesome she was how much he loved her family and how he didnt need me anymore, etc. ...once again as if to rub it in my face. So I finally gave up. Also, he ironically used to talk about how annoying this new girl was and seems to be suddenly head over heals for her. For some reason really wants to be exclusive with her and has already wrote her love notes which I find kind of strange. I have seen him twice since he told me to stop and neither of us has said or done anything. I just want to know what do I do? and what is he thinking?? Thanks!

I guess he still likes you but doesn't seem to think you are the one for him. That happens a lot. You can wait around and maybe he will change is mind again, or maybe he will really fall for that girl. Even if the does change his mind, the same thing will probably happen again.
    You need to decide what is best for yourself I think. Maybe you shouldn't get back together with him if he wants to, you need to think about yourself. He also acted like an asshole putting you down that way, so maybe he isn't the one for you either.
    It sucks I know...

You guys are just gonna be stuck in this cycle of abusing one another emotionally. He says he loves you, then continues to flirt with other chicks while promising you things will "work out" when in reality neither of you have done anything that will help the relationship. Forget this guy. He's with some other chick now, and I'm sure he'll screw her over too.

Right, it doesn't sound like he knows what he wants and needs and you both probably need to be apart from each other to figure out what's important. It took me being apart to figure that out (as lame as "taking breaks" are, they are sometimes necessary)

And yeah, it doesn't look like genuine feeling because the fact that as soon as you are back for him again, he backs away and goes for other people. It's tough to say it was a mistake to accuse him of lying, because you were just expressing how you felt and although it was projecting some insecurity onto him, to react that way is not very mature.

There's nothing like trust and sincerity in a relationship, and if you aren't apart long enough, how can you build up that trust in him again (even though right now it sounds like somebody not to trust).