+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Girlfriend acting weird since new job

Girlfriend acting weird since new job

I'm 18, she's almost 17

She has recently started a new job down the local leisure centre. Couple of the guys she works with are absolute perves. They have all been commenting on her facebook an awful lot since she started and she now spends most of her spare time on the internet, which she never used to do before she started working there.

One of the guys at work particularly has the hots for her and they all joke about it and... she is shadowing him (following him around to learn what to do) for the next few days at work

I told her that I wasn't happy with the amount that these guys keep commenting her because they comment on absolutely everything she does. e.g. if she says " I dont like my new hair" ... theyll put " :o xx"

Today,

The boy that has the hots for her randomly comments to her saying

PERSON A: hey hope all is well see you tommorrow at work x x
    3 hours ago · Comment · Like

PERSON B: PERSON A = dork
    3 hours ago

My Girlfriend: guttttted ryan ;P see you tomorrow!
    3 hours ago

I think that sounds a little bit flirty.

But the worst thing is, she has told me she wants us to go on a break

She told me this at mid day today

Her text ended with "dont try and contact me until I contact you when Im ready"

I really cannot restrain from texting her, I have so many emotions inside me and I don't know what to do. We were arguin about the amount these guys comment on her facebook last night, then today, she just told me she wanted a 'break' for a few days

EDIT:

We have been together 10 months and lost our virginity to each other

ANY advice please

Thank you SO much!
    Last edited by wezzel98765; 09-12-09 at 06:51 AM.

girl68 is offline little person, big mouth
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Oh she just wants to have her fun. Let her. Have yourself some fun too.

So basically, she doesn't want a relationship?

Can I also add, we been together for 10 months and we lost our virginity to each other

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Now she knows what sex is and she wants to have it... elsewhere.

I'm pretty much saying she wants to flirt and f**K around. Typically it's the guy who does this first but in your case she does.

She's always told me that she is happy with our sex life

Also, we always tell each other the truth. And there are some things in the past, that I have asked her that she could lie about, but I know she didn't because I seen the evidence. So, I know she isn't lying...

She'd tell me if she wanted somebody else...

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Alright then. Don't know why you asked you sound like you already know what is up.

She is definitely flirting and enjoying all the attention she is getting. This break is an attempt for her to try out some other guys to see whether or not she wants to stay with you or date other guys for a while. It doesn't matter at this point whether or not you lost your virginity to one another. You will always have that special moment, but it is now in the past.

Quote Originally Posted by wezzel98765 View Post
    Her text ended with "dont try and contact me until I contact you when Im ready"
    Move on, she's playing a power position. I would just erase everything and move on. A relationship isn't a used car, you don't test drive a bunch, then come back to one.

I'll be honest with you, 10 months means jack shit in the long run. A time frame doesn't change anything. You're 18, you wont marry this girl, trust me. There's a lot of girls in line before you pick one, start looking.

"What you really fear is inside yourself. You fear your own power.
    You fear your own anger, the drive to do great and terrible things."

The Warmonger

Quote Originally Posted by Cbrider View Post
    I'll be honest with you, 10 months means jack shit in the long run. A time frame doesn't change anything.
    You got that right. I see this again and again ... it doesn't matter what passes between you and for how long, how many great memories you make. Time and again I see guys incredulous that she'll flush that all down the toilet seemingly on a whim -- but as far as I can tell, a man doesn't build up some fund of good will with a woman, no matter if he walks on water. Women don't have an attachment to sex, nor do they place a cosmic significance on confidences shared. They say they want intimacy, and I believe them, but they don't think of it as a precious and irreplaceable thing. They regard it, in my experience, as something they want, but as a fungible commodity. Guys on the other hand tend to think of it like a pot of gold -- something they always dreamed of and finally found and want to protect and defend at all costs.

It's kinda sad ... the disconnect between the sexes on stuff like this. Women have no clue what a betrayal it is. I know there are different complaints women would advance about men ... I imagine for example that the original poster's GF thinks he's too clingy / needy and wants some bad boy action to spice her life up. But it doesn't make this kind of thing right.

The power play game between women is a constant thing. It is why I hated my own gender in high school. There was always some other chick who wanted to have more power over everyone else, and I just wanted to be left the f*ck alone. Women can be cruel, but it definitely does not extend to all women.

I think you need to learn to be more selective, but that will come as you gain experience in the dating world.

Azilin, you are right in what you are saying

I do give her everything she needs, although, that's what she says

The only thing that's literally killing me is the 'break' where she's ignoring me

Apparently, it's only going to be for a few days, thus meaning she can't "try out" anybody else.

If she did "try" someone else out during this period, then we certainly won't be getting back together, simple as that

Anybody got any advice on how to sleep, stop crying?
    I can't do either. It just all plays in my mind over and over and there's nothing I can do to settle it

self-esteem! self-esteem! guys. If she moves on, you move on. You dont give a ... about her if she doesnt care about you

And if she dare to go back and you accept her without any problem, you're the biggest fool!!!
    keep it simple

Self-esteem isn't bragging about how great you are. It's more like quietly knowing that you're worth a lot (priceless, in fact!). It's not about thinking you're perfect — because nobody is — but knowing that you're worthy of being loved and accepted.

"Me, I try to send this note
    float it like a paper boat
    But paper sinks
    and words are weak
    i try, but i cant speak"

Quote Originally Posted by valhensing View Post
    self-esteem! self-esteem! guys. If she moves on, you move on. You dont give a ... about her if she doesnt care about you

And if she dare to go back and you accept her without any problem, you're the biggest fool!!!
    It doesn't sound as if she's moved on ... but she's clearly considering it. That's what she wants space for ... to figure out what she wants.

I can only imagine the caterwauling that would ensue if a guy did this to a woman after she expressed some hurt feelings about him flirting with the secretaries at his new job. "Honey, I've unilaterally decided that we need a break. No, I won't say why. Don't try to contact me until I deign to allow it."

I suspect that the woman in that scenario would not be advised to "give him the space he needs". They'd be up in arms about his unfaithfulness, immaturity, self-absorption and inconsiderateness. Whether or not anything is overtly happening between him and the secretaries.

Yet in this case it's different. Because men are pigs and have no feelings. Everyone knows that, right?

Quote Originally Posted by azilin View Post
    It doesn't sound as if she's moved on ... but she's clearly considering it. That's what she wants space for ... to figure out what she wants.
    I think you're being too generous. I think she just dumped him but doesn't want to take responsibility for it.
    Spammer Spanker

Quote Originally Posted by Gigabitch View Post
    I think you're being too generous. I think she just dumped him but doesn't want to take responsibility for it.
    That is a distinct possibility.