+ Follow This Topic

Thread: online dating?

online dating?

A few months ago I broke up with my ex girlfriend and have been hanging out with my friends and they have been trying to hook me up with random girls and such but I just havent felt any connections. I have a huge family and out of the 5 brothers I have 2 have met theire girlfriends online and one of them married her I have always been really skeptical about it but working so hard and having good people around me makes me feel like I really have been missing that someone special and also meeting random girls are normally partying type girls and I am more of a relaxed guy I don't like clubbing, don't get me wrong I love going out for drinks with the homies and having a good time but the whole clubbing scene isn't for me. Anyways back onto topic I am curious I feel like all I am trying to do is get to know people online and I don't know what it is but I don't know how to get a gal to want to chat with me. I am not a robot and I am not looking for quick sex. I just feel like there are millions of girls out there and I can't get one to notice me (wow I feel like a loser for saying that haha). I don't think notice me is the right word but like how do you describe yourself to be not hostile but show that you have a ton of love to give to the right girl? I am not afraid of getting to know someone but like what would you have to read to actually want to get to know a guy? Is it all about the picture? Do you keep your profile short and sweet or write down your life story lol. I could use some help as I know I am a good guy who is just having trouble getting girls online to notice lol. I have never had problems getting girls offline I am just working so much and it would be nice to not have to go get drunk somewhere to meet a girl (or even better go and not get drunk). Maybe I should take up a hobby like bowling? haha lat me know what you think

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Taking up a hoby wouldn't be a bad idea - it's a lot more organic than trying to find someone online.

Anyway, I assume you are talking about going through a dating site, so these are the qualities I would look for:

intelligent
    down to earth
    employed in something they are happy about/proud of
    easy going
    confident
    interesting hobbies (should not include video games or star trek)

Don't talk about your not being able to attract girls the old-fashioned way. If you want to explain why you are looking online, then emphasize your disinterest in party girls. i would consider it a plus if you were family-oriented, but i suppose that wouldn't be so attractive to a very young girl.

Maybe you should tell us what you'd like to say, and we can help you tweak it?

lol thats prolly why I can't do this haha I am way too honest and I love playin ps3!I am thinking too much of this anyways and I am sure I will meet a girl like I always have met the gals in my life which has worked for me. I guess I think it would be cool If I could just write a small amount of words that really show who I am without scaring a girl away. I guess I am a scary guy since I live real life haha anyways thanks for reminding me that if I have to say things about myself and leave certain shit out it's not me and she isn't worth my time lol

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Just for clarity, I didn't say you shouldn't play video games. I said you shouldn't mention them as one of your "interesting hobbies". Sure, a few girls like them, but the vast majority of girls won't want to compete with a TV screen.

I said I liked video games, I don't know why you can't like video games but still be a passionate lover, I don't know anyone who would rather play a game then play with their gal but then again that is me and my friends. But I hear you if you think that if a guy loves video games you are gunna have to fight for his attention but not thats definitly not me

i don't mean to be so negative it's just like... If I want to get to know you I will message you and say hi and shit then you check my profile and don't respond its like I said hello you look at me and move onto the next haha feels like a club