+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Gifts for women?

Gifts for women?

Do women prefer something more "shared" or random.

Shared being: You and I both enjoy X, so I get a present that's inexpensive and relates to X and maybe has a note attached to it that creates a little moment.

Random: Just like it suggests, I suppose this is your chocolates and books from barnes and noble type of deal.

I imagine gift cards are out as well, kinda says "thanks for the thought but you really don't know me do you?"

Are there classifications that these fall under as well? Friend vs Acquaintance vs Girlfriend etc.

Just looking for a little hand with my Xmas gift ideas

Gift cards are great for someone you don't know well enough, or for a last-minute gift.

I do prefer that my guy get me something that represents what he knows about me, or is reminiscent of a moment we shared. My current guy knows that I love food and sweets (cupcakes especially). He knows what my favorite restaurant is and took me to dinner there last weekend for my birthday. And he had two giant red velvet cupcakes waiting for me when I woke up on my birthday. Then took me to his favorite bakery and told me to pick out what kinds of sweets I wanted.

I don't really like jewelry. I only wear a few pieces and they all have sentimental value. I don't want jewelry for the sake of getting jewelry. They all look like cop-out gifts. "I couldn't figure out what to get you, but Jared said you'd like this diamond, 'cause what woman doesn't love diamonds..." Blah blah blah.

I also like useful gifts. My ex got me a 250GB external hard drive last year. Not the most sentimental gift, but I certainly did need one.

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I liked this. Interesting site:

[url]http://www.hedonics.com/store/prodinfo.asp?number=09532&variation=&aitem=16&mite m=20[/url]
    Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

Quote Originally Posted by IndiReloaded View Post
    I liked this. Interesting site:

[url]http://www.hedonics.com/store/prodinfo.asp?number=09532&variation=&aitem=16&mite m=20[/url]
    haha that IS excellent

buy her an apron or vacuum cleaner. If you really want to splurge, then buy her a washing machine.

Quote Originally Posted by NeoSeminole View Post
    buy her an apron or vacuum cleaner. If you really want to splurge, then buy her a washing machine.
    I laughed, thanks