+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Why won't he accept the fact I don't want to be in a relationship anymore?

Why won't he accept the fact I don't want to be in a relationship anymore?

Hello,

I've been going out with my current bf one year and 3 months.
    6 months ago I looked hard at the relationship and saw us going absolutely no where so I told him I wanted to end it.

He said no he'd try to get me to love him, like I did in the beginning. Okay whatever. Nothing, for every step forward he does 5 back. He once made a leap forward and I thought maybe, the next day, WHAT A FALL!!!

So then I started to create arguments and smother his ego to get him to break up with me. No.

I moved 3 months ago to a different state for my education, hoping we wouldn't do a LDR...no. The LDR hasn't helped.

Now to make matters worse, 2 months ago he was given orders to go overseas. Now I feel like it would be a b-word move of me to break up with him and I don't want to be in this relationship for another 2-3 years.

Why won't he accept that I don't want to be with him?
    What do I do? I don't want "us" anymore.

There's no one else, I just don't see a future and I don't want a dead-end relationship and I don't want to WAIT and see if he betters himself.

Thanks.

P.S. He's 23 and I'm 22.

Sometimes, you have to be selfish. He`s going to hold on for dear life unless you rip that tree from the roots. What you are doing is cutting it at the base.. The tree grows back. You need to deep root that whole deal. He knows that you don't want it anymore, so he will be expecting it. Also, if you had to move away in an attempt for him to get out of your life then something is a little screwwwwy!!

I`m not saying it's going to be easy to do, because I have had a relationship where the girl wouldn't let me go.. But think about it, do selfish people get what they want? > I`m not saying either to be selfish all the time, but in a situation like this... you`re far away. Nothing he can physically do to stop you, he cant come around all the time, show up at your house.. etc.. he can only call or email. Which, both addresses can be changed. If he wont leave you alone after that then he is a creep. He wont take the hint, so tell him what you really want.

Deep root that tree! Who wants a dead tree in their yard? You tree hugger

Watch it happen to other people, and eventually watch it happen to you.

he hasn't accepted that you don't want to be in a relationship with him BECAUSE YOU HAVEN'T BROKEN UP WITH HIM.

Why the **** do you think?
    Spammer Spanker