+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Unsure about what to do..

Unsure about what to do..

Hi folks,

I'm new here and like to ask you all about a situation I'm in. Its to do with a guy I met online about 4 and a half yrs ago now. We have similar health problems and we met on a health forum... it progressed to daily emails and then we started chatting on messenger very regularly up to 4 times a week sometimes for hours on end, not really on the phone as he is pretty shy. We were obviously attracted to eachother and flirted and we were planning on meeting up (we live in different cities about 100miles apart), although I didnt think it would lead to anything serious.. he is a fairly strict Muslim and I am not religious, and he did say once that he would only marry a muslim woman (not that I thought it would end in marriage lol, but just as a way of saying even if something did happen it probably wouldnt have led to anything serious.. I dont think anyway).

Anyway in the end we had a few misunderstandings and everything ended up going pear-shaped and we never ever met in person. Since then it cooled off a bit and we just stayed as friends but we have continued to maintain contact fairly regularly by email and about twice a month chat on messenger.

Anyway very recently we bumped into eachother in person.. we both had an appointment at the same place on the same day and although neither of us knew the other would be there, we knew there was a small chance of us meeting. Anyway we got on really well! And went and spent a few hours in a cafe chatting and generally did a lot of laughing. It went so much better than what I would have expected, I found him to easy to talk to even though he is shy and not mr chatterbox and appeared to struggle a bit at times but he definitely seem to feel comfortable with me too as far as I could tell anyway. Anyway I started to have real feelings towards him...obviously chatting online is completely different to meeting someone in person and after spending real time with him I realise that I really do like him. But I dont know what he feels about me. He did do some sweet things like offer me his gloves when we were walking around trying to a cafe, and when we left the cafe even asked me if I needed to do some shopping for xmas.. as if he wanted to spend more time with me.

When I got the train home I noticed that he was on messenger wanting to chat but I didnt go on as I was tired. But I was surprised and flattered that he wanted to chat to me again so quickly after meeting up only a few hours before Then he emailed me (in fact coincidentally I emailed him at the same time!) and said he enjoyed meeting up, hoped I got home ok, and that he hoped that he didnt bore me!! (He hadnt bored me at all!) Do you think hes trying to check out what I think of him?

Anyway we spoke on messenger the following night and towards the end I mentioned that it was a shame that we lived so far away from eachother and wished that that the train tickets were cheaper otherwise we could meet up more regularly and he asked if I could get cheaper train tickets if I booked in advance. I took that as him wanting to see me again, without being explicit about it, what do you guys think?

Also we are both members of a health forum, and I added him as a 'friend' on the forum. When we chatted he said referring to us meeting up.. "I must have made an impression on you as you added me as a friend! ". What would you make of this comment? Again do you think he is trying to work out what I think of him?

Since then we talking on messenger again and he tried to send me a link to something but the link didnt work and messenger messed it up by putting some emoticons in the middle of the link eg the smiley face with tongue sticking out and then when he tried to send the link again the 'kiss' smiley got caught up in the link. (ironically lol)

He said sorry yahoo didnt like the link, and I said the faces were funny, and he said, "yes esp the kiss one. Didnt mean that honest!"

What do you guys think? I dont think he would have said that he didnt mean it, if he had wanted to let me know he likes me right? And it was definitely yahoo going a bit weird interpreting some letters/symbols as an emoticon.

Sorry for the very long message! Thought it would be best if I gave the whole picture! But any comments would be appreciated, thanks!

Seems like positive feelings all around. You for him and vice versa.

It seems like you two hit it off. You need to start seeing each other a bit more and not worry so much about what an emoticon means. 100 miles is nothing when people work for a living and are busy. Make plans, spend time together, see how it develops. Good luck !

yea see each other more.
    Last edited by davidtorres; 16-12-09 at 01:28 AM.

I have to agree with the other poster's. It definately sounds like he's interested and you should try to spend more time in person.