+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Journey to the past

Liz is offline Registered User
    Users Country Flag

Journey to the past

Hi everybody... I'm feeling sick inside about my situation, and hope you can give me some useful advice. 3 years ago I met "Jason" and it was love at first sight for me. We had a brief, yet intense and very passionate relationship which ended with him suddenly breaking up with me because he wasn't ready to settle down yet. He still kept in touch on some level after that. I was absolutely devastated over the breakup, but soon met "Steve" who also just got out of a relationship and we basically we entered a rebound relationship. Everything changed when despite using birth control I got pregnant. We committed to raising our daughter together, and over time I started to form real feelings for him and stopped thinking about the ex and we have a pretty happy life together. He proposed to me 2 months ago and we are planning a wedding.

Recently I found out through a mutual friend that Jason has many regrets over what happened and that he still has feelings for me. I was completely shocked by this revelation, I had no idea he even thought about me anymore. All the feelings I thought went away came rushing back like a ton of bricks. I typed up an email to him and deleted it before I could press send.

Do I contact him to find out if what I am feeling is real? Should I tell my fiance how I'm feeling? Is it normal pre-wedding nerves? Anyone been in this situation? Any advice and insight would be helpful.

So this dude dumped you once, what makes you think he's not going to do it again? You've got a wonderful relationship with your current bf who is going to marry you. Forget about "jason" or whoever it is. Once you bring a child into the world, you will be too busy with that to remember him.

a guy dumped you and you want him back? you will throw away everything that you have just to get with him again? what bout your daughter? can jason accept your kid? will he marry you? so your going to drop a guy that wants to start a family with you with a guy that dumped you? lol

yea sure tell your fiancee. i wont be surprise if he dumps you.

at least use your brain!!!!

Liz is offline Registered User
    Users Country Flag
    I'm actually thankful for the honest replies. I feel really stupid even thinking these thoughts so I'm not offended. Perhaps its not so much him part of me thinks it is the passion I felt when I was with him. My fiance and I don't have that kind of pasion, the love we have developed at a slow pace and became we grew to love eachother. There was never a point when we were infatuated with eachother . I am still hoping to hear from someone who has been through this before.

Liz, I can only tell you how it is from the other side. I dated girl#1 for about 8 months. She really loved me and was planning for us to start to live together. I was not as into her as she was into me, so I broke up with her. Later on, I was getting over another lover (girl#2), and I realized that what I had with girl#1 had been pretty good, and also I was lonely, so I got back together with her, but then realized that the same issues remained. I ended up breaking her heart twice. Not good. You have a relationship with a future, don't give it up for "Pie in the sky."