+ Follow This Topic

Thread: How to Keep the Fire Burning?

How to Keep the Fire Burning?

Ok, I met a girl at a party this past weekend through a mutual female friend of ours (I kinda new her beforehand through classes and stuff but never talked to her extensively til this party). Long story short, we hit it off. We had tremendous spark and chemistry and even a few kinky things in common. I told one of my bros that I had to get with this girl but I didn't want this to turn into just another hook-up I really wanted something more. He talked with her friend and she said she'd gotten out of a long relationship this past summer and was just in to random hook-ups for awhile then went on a dry spell. She says she'll do "anything" for me to help this go down but it may take awhile. Then they leave the party and on the ride home my buddy told me this girl wouldn't stop talking about me in the car. Needless to say, I think I have a chance.

That's all well and good BUT I am now on Christmas break and will not be back for a month. They say you gotta strike while the iron is hot. It's hot now but I'm afraid it will cool down in a month. How do I keep this fire burning? I know talking to her as much as possible is out because then I'll just end up looking like a clingy pussy. So what can I do?

Did you get her info? Phone number, screen name, facebook? Start with that and keep in touch with her that way. Tell her you enjoyed spending time with her and see what she says.

Don't come on too strong just yet. Like you said, she's been having her own up's and down's with men and relationships. You want to be sure you won't be just another rebound.

Do as lahnabell said, but always keep this in mind:

try to be someone she'll want to hang out with.

Be the fun guy. Be the guy that does things. Make her think "Hmm, I could sit here by myself, or I could "
    * chat with him
    * play a game (some girls dig MSN games) with him
    * meet up and have a drink/play a game of pool/snooker / go bowling
    * cook a meal together and just have fun.

Show her you got a great & fun live, and invite her (casually, from time to time) to be part of it. "Hey, I was thinking of getting chinese tonight - wanna join?" "Hey, me and some friends are gonna see this movie, feel like tagging along or meeting up later?" "Hey, I want to create the perfect gluhwein for this party I'm giving later (or going to later), wanna come taste?"

Be fun! Why would she want to hang out with you, if you don't appear to be fun? : )