+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Heard from the ex..

Heard from the ex..

A few months ago, my ex stopped talking to me on account of a new jealous boyfriend. I was told by her never speak to her again, that I was torturing her and to leave her the hell alone.

So, I figured, what the hell, and I got her something for Hanakkuh, just because. A comic book, nothing fancy. Attached a short note to it wishing her a happy holiday, blah blah blah. I get a text message from her 2 days ago:

"I got your package. Thank you. Hope you and your family have a good holiday!"

..What do I do now? It's been 2 months since we last spoke. Would it be appropriate to ask her in a month or so to meet up somewhere for lunch or something?

Does she still have jealous boyfriend? You can ask her if you want, but think about what your intentions are. Do you want her back, or is this strictly a friendly outing?

I don't know if she's still with him.

Yes, I do want her back. I have no reason not to, I spent a year and a half with her with no fights or problems. But if it just has to be friends, then so be it =\

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    You do nothing.

You sent her an unsolicited gift, despite her request you leave her alone.

She responded politely, but clearly not wanting further contact. In case you didn't understand, her one-line response with the "hope you and yours have a happy holiday" is what is called a 'shut out' response. Pursuing further will only embarrass you both.
    Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

Quote Originally Posted by IndiReloaded View Post
    You do nothing.

You sent her an unsolicited gift, despite her request you leave her alone.

She responded politely, but clearly not wanting further contact. In case you didn't understand, her one-line response with the "hope you and yours have a happy holiday" is what is called a 'shut out' response. Pursuing further will only embarrass you both.
    But see, she didn't have to contact me about it at all. She could have just completely ignored it. Instead she chose to contact me, which leads me to believe she still cares.

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Ignoring a gift would be rude. I said already that her response was the minimum required for a polite reply w/o encouraging further contact.

If she wanted to engage with you, she would have complimented your effort and asked you a question like "thanks for the thoughtful gift. how are you?"

She didn't do that. She just not into you. Saavy?
    Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh