+ Follow This Topic

Thread: What do I do?

What do I do?

I'm new to posting here, I stumbled apon this forum on accident looking for advice on my situation. Maybe some of you could help me out. I'd really appreciate it.

I met this girl online about three weeks ago. The first week we chatted for about three hours every night. She was just amazing, and it was absolutely crazy how much we had in common. That weekend we decided to meet in person. We met and everything just really fell into place, and the evening went extremely well. We both felt something was there, so we decided to go out the next night. The next night was even more amazing than the previous, and once again we both felt something, and wanted to see each other again the next day. That next day we hung out all day long, and she kept dropping hints that we were a couple. So I asked her what she thought about "us" and asked her to be my girlfriend. She got real excited, said yes and gave me a kiss. I was so happy (I even met her parents that day). We spent everyday of the rest of the week together, and really got a lot closer.

Everything was going great until last Friday night Aug. 20. The night went absolutely perfect. We had hung out all day, and that evening as well. It was all great. Her and I came back to my apartment and just hung out and talked, and everything seemed just fine. When the time came for her to leave I walked her out to her car and we shared an amazing kiss goodnight. I thanked her for the amazing week, and told her I was crazy about her. She smiled and said the same. I went inside and was getting ready to go to bed still so happy inside, when she called. I picked up the phone to hear her crying on the other end, telling me she was so sorry, and that she just wasn't ready for a relationship right now. I was crushed but I let her know that I understood, and that we would talk about it tomorrow.

The next day I woke up to this email:
    ---------------------------------------
    "I am SO sorry for everything.

I want you to know that it is ABSOLUTELY not anything about you or anything you did. I think you are a great person.

Like I said, it's just WAY too soon for me. I just broke up with my live-in boyfriend a few weeks ago. I just need some time to be myself and figure out who I am. After being with someone for that long, I need to figure out who I am by myself.

I still think you are a great person, and I really do still want to be your friend and spend time with you on Sunday.

I am so sorry that I didn't talk to you about this in person. I just thought that it would hurt you more the longer I waited.

I will call you on Sunday.

Talk to you then, "
    XXXXXX
    ---------------------------------

We had talked about her previous relationship, but I had no idea it had ended right before we met. Every time I asked her about "him" she would kind of get wierd, I should've seen the signs. I would've never got involved if I knew that I was just a rebound, but I did get involved and I'm still crazy about her. We've still talked everyday since it happened, but it just seems wierd. Now she just acts like there was never anything between us, and that hurts me so much she has no idea. I'm just so confused, I mean she was the one who wanted to meet, and she was the one pushing for us to be a couple. My question is should I try to work things out with her telling her how I feel (even though it probably won't do any good), or should I just forget about her (which I don't think I can)? I need help.

Sorry for such a long post, just wanted to get everything in there to maybe get some help. Oh, by the way I'm 20 and shes 18 if that helps any. Thanx

Although I'm not quite certain what you're looking for advice on, referring to the title, I don't believe there's anything that you can do about the break-up other than try to be friends. Her email message said it best: "Like I said, it's just WAY too soon for me."