+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tips On Growing As A Person?

Tips On Growing As A Person?

What kind of active steps do people here take to grow and mature as a person?

Well, in retrospect, I guess I go out and get myself all shredded emotionally.
    Spammer Spanker

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I think for the most part, growing and maturing happens when you experience life, no?

put yourself into situations you've never been in before. Try new things you've never done - get a graduate degree if you don't already have one, allow yourself to love another person, travel outside your country, jump out of a plane, etc. You will amaze yourself at what you're capable of and become a stronger person than you thought possible.

Seminole's answer was closer to what I was getting at. Yes, you grow just by living, but there are certainly active steps you can take to help push yourself along, such as listening to different music, trying different clothes, etc.

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by NeoSeminole View Post
    put yourself into situations you've never been in before. Try new things you've never done - get a graduate degree if you don't already have one, allow yourself to love another person, travel outside your country, jump out of a plane, etc. You will amaze yourself at what you're capable of and become a stronger person than you thought possible.
    Posting random crap on an anonymous internet forum...
    Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

Quote Originally Posted by shheadz View Post
    you can take to help push yourself along, such as listening to different music, trying different clothes, etc.
    Oh. Yeah, changing your music and opting for a new wardrobe certainly enables growth. Maybe in the world of the materialistic.

Quote Originally Posted by IndiReloaded View Post
    Posting random crap on an anonymous internet forum...
    Yes! Increase your post count and watch your knowledge grow exponentially!

Also drink milk!

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by speakerspoke View Post

Also drink milk!
    That made me giggle.

Depends on what you mean by growing as a person. There are many different ways in which we can "grow" and "mature". But if you mean just growth in general, then I guess you probably just have to live life. You can steer your growth in a certain directions by reading books, trying out new experiences (I don't recommend jumping out of a plane unless you have a parachute), asking questions, being social and so on and so on. I'm sorry that my examples are a little vague but people mature in a variety of ways, so one person might grow more by reading a book as opposed to person number 2 who grows through experience. I hope that helps somewhat.

Ok.. Lemme change the subject.. "How Do You Reinvigorate Your Life?" I feel like I've been listening to the same music for a decade, reading the same authors, watching the same TV shows, wearing the same style of clothes.. etc. I think all of that keeps me from having a fresh perspective on life. My thought processes haven't changed in forever, and my creativity is in the dump.

I guess the answer is listen to new music, read new authors, etc.. I was just curious if you guys did anything else to stay on your toes.

I have grown a ton in the last 6 months and from my experience it can all be summed up by just caring about yourself.

1. Think positive. Set yourself some goals and actually put in the work to accomplish them. I am 5'11 and about 6 months ago I was 225 lbs. I am now down to 175. This has boosted my confidence an immeasurable amount. If you are happy with your weight appearance etc. then set another goal. Wether its learning a musical instrument or making a certain amount of money. Put some work into yourself and you will feel great when you accomplish it.

2. I still listen to the same kind of music, but I can agree with that suggestion to a certain extent. In my case music and the guitar is a passion of mine so changing my tastes wasn't a priority for me. But I do think finding out what you really love and enjoying it will be incredibly beneficial to your growth as a person. If your taste in music or fashion changes because of this, then I say embrace it.

3. Love yourself! It's important to celebrate the little wins in life. If that cute girl or guy flirts with you in line at the bank then allow yourself to feel happy about it. Stroke the ego a little every chance you get. Relationships will come and go, but you're going to have to live with yourself for the rest of your life. Make sure you like who you are.

Reading some self help books can't do any harm either. I did and it really got the ball rolling for me. Think positive, find out who you are, and build the person you want to be. Hope this helps!!!

Live on the street for a day or start reading alot of information on becoming rich. That helped me mature and I am still 19.
    Learn how a 21 year old outcast was able to average picking up 5-6 girls per week using one secret technique. Go to http://www.datingwithwomen.com

DoesntMatter is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    HGH, human growth hormone

Immerse yourself in another culture for a month or more. Go to a faraway country and try new things, there'll be so many new experiences you'll find it hard not to learn something. You might find new interests, new tastes, new friends and even love. And, if you take a small amount of people, or just one person you'll always have someone to turn to if you decide you don't like it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast