+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Should I tell my lady friend my feelings for her?

Should I tell my lady friend my feelings for her?

I have worked with a woman that I really like for over 2 years now and we get along really good. Within the last few months we have been getting really close. She comes over and we watch movies and we cuddle. She surprised me once when I put my arm around her and she then laid her head on my chest and put her arm around me and put her leg up on top of my legs, that were on an end table. She does not usually do that. The strange this is that we talk about dating other people and she says "the next guy that I date will be....etc..." I feel like I should mention my feelings but not be to harsh about it, I just may say "I think we really get a long good, maybe we should do more?" What do you think? Or do I really want to ruin our stress-free friendship?

I think she's basically given you the go-ahead! When she was talking about the "next guy she dates" did she have any names? She was probably talking about you.
    Maybe next time she's over and the two of you get close you could just bring up how much you enjoy spending that time with her and ask if she thinks there's potential for it to become anything more. Good luck.

thx for listening. I did, however forget one detail: Six months ago I asked her what she thought about us dating and she said she "didn't want to ruin our friendship", but since then we have been getting very close (the holding hands and cuddling). So I fear the same result this time. (her saying she just wants to be friends)
    Last edited by Stratosphere; 23-12-09 at 09:07 AM. Reason: add more details