+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Shes kept love letters from ex..

Shes kept love letters from ex..

Just discovered my girlfriend still has love letters from her ex boyfriend (3/4 years ago). She doesnt know Iv stumbled upon them.

Im not really bothered, but Im just curious why shes kept them? Should I be worried. This boy texts her a coupla times every month, and she replies (behind my back) until I found out and put a stop to it.

We're (apparently) totally in love, I can see myself marrying this one. Why has she kept them?

Thoughts?

Merry Christmas all

I wouldn't worry about it.
    Just because she kept the letters doesn't mean she's still in love with him or anything. She probably just kept them because they were nice and whatnot.
    If a guy made an effort to write me a love letter, whether we broke up or not I'd keep them after. I'd just like to be old someday and still have letters from old guys I used to date just to look back on.

I have a box full of love letters from a long ago ex lover. He wasn't a great love of my life, but the letters are nice to have and reread from time to time. It reminds me, more than anything of that time in my life. Or I should say they did, the writer has since died and even though I wouldn't have wanted HIM it's nice to still have those small pieces of him.

My ex kept stuff from her ex, including pictures they took as a couple. To be fair, she keeps mementos from every thing in her life. Pictures, concert ticket stubs, etc. Like Heratriumphant said, some people just like to keep reminders of the life they lived.

Exes are part of our lives. We spent a lot of time with them and a lot of energy on them. We learned things from being with them, helping to make us the people we are today. There are still good times to remember: Breaking up doesn't mean that the love letters no longer have sentimental value. It wouldn't be right to expect her to burn all the mementos of her previous life.

Moe is offline Registered User
    Users Country Flag
    Well then maybe I'm an odd ball.
    I took everything my Ex ever gave me and because she wouldn't meet up with me I left it on her door step. I mean everything from underwear to jewelery. If they dumped you and most of what was told to you was a lie why would you want to hold onto it?

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Pry View Post
    Exes are part of our lives. We spent a lot of time with them and a lot of energy on them. We learned things from being with them, helping to make us the people we are today. There are still good times to remember: Breaking up doesn't mean that the love letters no longer have sentimental value. It wouldn't be right to expect her to burn all the mementos of her previous life.

If they dumped you and most of what was told to you was a lie why would you want to hold onto it?
    Because the bad times weren't always bad? One of these days you may wish you held onto some of that stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Moe View Post
    If they dumped you and most of what was told to you was a lie why would you want to hold onto it?
    Not all breakups are acrimonious. Throw it away if you want to, but respect the choices of partners who don't.

Stay out of her shit if you don't like what you find.

For some people, old letters are almost like journal entries. Just part of the past, but a PRIVATE part. Stop snooping.
    Spammer Spanker