+ Follow This Topic
Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: The "Nice Boy" Syndrome

If you lack confidence does that mean you will not be very good at find a new person, or are there likewise people who also lacks confidence.

I do go out a lot, but never seem to be able approach people very well.
    Just stop worrying what other people are going to think of you. You'd be surprised how much your true, fun self comes out when you stop hiding behind a "gee.. I really hope you like me" wall. People and women in general become very easy to approach once you stop caring about their opinion of you. Your opinion of you is all that matters.

Hopeless nice guy reporting! (and kinda pushover too, unfortunately) I'm not THAT worried about it, some girls should like it, amirite?
    A lot of women like nice guys. The only women that like pushovers though are domineering b*tches. You can be a nice guy and not be a pushover.

Also, if you're looking for nice guys or girls you should be hanging in libraries, cinemas and coffee shops rather than clubs and bars.
    There's probably some truth to that, although plenty of nice girls go out to clubs and bars.. if only because their not-so-nice friends drag them along.

When I was a teenager, just graduating high school I totally had the nice boy syndrome. I was lucky in the fact that I was and am REALLY attractive which kept a constant stream of new women coming my way. All I had to do was change my attire, leather jackets, and let life jade me a little bit and speak my mind instead of worrying what the girl would think. Long story short I'm not a nice boy anymore
    -Tough eyes, kind heart-

Quote Originally Posted by graham berkeley View Post
    when i was a teenager, just graduating high school i totally had the nice boy syndrome. I was lucky in the fact that i was and am really attractive which kept a constant stream of new women coming my way. All i had to do was change my attire, leather jackets, and let life jade me a little bit and speak my mind instead of worrying what the girl would think. Long story short i'm not a nice boy anymore :d
    true dat! Double true!
    "You are a reflection of your friends (and lovers)"

Gribble is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Girls want gigantic penises. Whatever is on the other end of that penis, nice or bad, doesn't matter so long as it is at least 8 or more inches away. This has been proven by science.
    God, so atrocious in the Old Testament, so attractive in the New--the Jekyl and Hyde of sacred romance.
    -Mark Twain

If people are good only because they fear punishment and hope for reward, then we are a sorry lot indeed.
    -Albert Einstein

Girls want gigantic penises. Whatever is on the other end of that penis, nice or bad, doesn't matter so long as it is at least 8 or more inches away. This has been proven by science.
    If that were true, my ex wouldn't have dumped me.

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Don't be such a pussy and you'll keep whatever woman you want.

The problem with nice boys is that you are too much to handle. You can be very annoying, too clingy and too sensitive. You treat women like they are porcelain dolls and that is annoying as hell. I can open the door for my damn self. I would like to hear you actually say my name instead of sugarplum and gumdrop sweetie pie.

The problem with bad boys... they tend to be cold-hearted, too dominant and cocky. They don't know how to romance you, they have a negative attitude and most of the time they are "bad" because they've been rejected a lot it's their shield.

Women want someone that is in between. Someone who is compassionate but won't run and hide when shit goes down, but will stand up and fight for you. Defend the household and protect it. "A rude boy, but he's not rude to me." type situation.

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    This irritates me. Yeah, you can open doors and pull out chairs. You can carry heavy-ish things. You're a big girl.

But as a (selective) gentleman I would feel compelled to assist. Doubly so were you my girlfriend. Why can't women just appreciate it? If a man's got to treat you differently than he does men, isn't it nice if he does so by pampering you?

I don't think anyone would call me a nice guy, but if there's a mud puddle between my girl and the car, well, I ain't throwing my jacket in it, but you best believe I'll lift her off the ground and slosh through the mud myself rather than see her pretty shoes ruined and her exquisite legs marred.

If one of us has to strain let it be me. You have no idea what a simple joy it is for me to lift a heavy object for a woman and to have her coo in awe of my strength. Seriously, that's like second to sex on my list of pleasures.
    God, so atrocious in the Old Testament, so attractive in the New--the Jekyl and Hyde of sacred romance.
    -Mark Twain

If people are good only because they fear punishment and hope for reward, then we are a sorry lot indeed.
    -Albert Einstein

Gribble, don't start with me. You are reading something that I did not say. Nice guys overdo things and treat women like porcelain dolls. No one has a problem with you doing what a man is supposed to do. If I need your help, you'll know so. Like you said, picking up something heavy, whatever. But the NICE GUYS tend to OVERDO things.

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Well, I do treat them like porcelain dolls. I'm excessively gentle. I treat a woman like the slightest oversight on my part could shatter her into a million pieces. When you grow up a bull in a china cabinet it's kind of hard to treat women any other way.

Besides, you were griping about men opening doors for you. There's another simple pleasure. If it makes your man happy to open a door why not let him? It's such a simple thing, yet you have no idea what a joy it is for me to open that door and be rewarded with a smile.
    -Mark Twain

-Albert Einstein

It was an example of something a nice guy usually obsesses about. Like I said, it's annoying. You can be a gentleman, but a White Knight can get on someones nerves.

yet you have no idea what a joy it is for me to open that door and be rewarded with a smile.
    Maybe that's why it's a drag. She just wants to get inside the building, but has to reward you like a little puppy every time she walks through a door.

Oh, and that's what probably separates a "nice guy" from a "confident guy". A confident guy opens the door without thinking about it, because his mamma raised him right. A nice guy does it because he's hard up for attention.
    Last edited by shheadz; 28-12-09 at 09:46 AM.

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Yes, because a smile is huge payment for a kind gesture. Please.

We're not talking about a guy being nice to a girl because he hopes he'll get laid for it.

If I do something nice for a woman and she brushes past like I'm not there she's obviously wrong for me. A confident man ditches a chick like that. A nice guy will continue pampering her in spite of her lack of appreciation.
    -Mark Twain

-Albert Einstein

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I adore a man with good manners. It shows good breeding.

If I do something nice for a woman and she brushes past like I'm not there she's obviously wrong for me.
    Truly nice people help others without needing to be rewarded. The reward is in the deed itself. That's what I'm getting at, and possibly what Coco is getting at. The "Nice guys" we're talking about aren't being chivalrous for the sake of it. They're needy. They need constant reassurance and attention, and I can completely understand how that would get annoying after a while.

Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast