+ Follow This Topic
Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: The "Nice Boy" Syndrome

Well I'm I all around nice person and a very nice guy to girls. I don't meet girls to hook-up and in the end I get the hook-up, I'm very nice to the girls I like and don't get far, I'm a jerk (in a fun way) to the girls I have no intentions of getting with but I get further.

The world is ass backwards. Lighter shades are cooler as darker shades are warmer, then why is being in the shade cooler? Heat rises but the higher you go, the colder? There are many paradoxes in the world and I think that meeting, dating and mingling are no different.

Just my $0.02
    Last edited by Spilly; 30-12-09 at 10:22 PM.

'No self esteem' as you put it, and being nice are two different things.
    I still don't agree. I'm not trying to be mean to anyone.. but.. imagine a really nasty, overweight, frumpy looking woman. If she does land a man, she will probably treat him like a king. It's not necessarily because she's a nice woman.. It's because she doesn't think she has anything else to offer. That's low self-esteem in action.

nice guys have trouble getting girls is because the good looking 'nice-guys' don't have time to complain because they are being snapped up quickly by hot chicks, who then get on their knees perform fellatio
    Where do you even get this stuff from? A book or TV?

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by shheadz View Post
    Where do you even get this stuff from? A book or TV?
    Charlieboy's posts?

...gerbils also.
    baby ya hustle. but me i hustle harder.

Charlie Boy II is offline Registered User
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by BoredGeorge View Post
    No, bitches and sluts tend to lead them on for the extra attention. Needy and clingy guys tend to be needy and clingy, they are not not the 'nice guys'. The reason why it is reported that nice guys have trouble getting girls is because the good looking 'nice-guys' don't have time to complain because they are being snapped up quickly by hot chicks, who then get on their knees perform fellatio on command so often that the staple proteins in their diets consist of semen, semen, sperm, spoof, semen and more semen, followed by a desert load of sperm.

The ugly ****ers are left complaining that no girls want them because they're nice, when in reality it is because they're ugly which has nothing to do with being nice.

The ugly not-nice guys are off banging hookers or trying to root fat chicks or generally just being jerks in other ways.
    Classic post. That cracked me up.
    Is it burnin'? Well, f-ck, now you're learnin'.

Man, Wikipedia really does have everything..

[url]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Average_frustrated_chump[/url]

The seminal Cliff's List definition talks of a nice guy not in a derogatory or judgmental way but as a first level of personal development and awareness:

“A "nice" guy devoid of pick-up skills, unaware of his true role and opportunities in mating rituals; tends to beg for sex, attention and esteem from women.”

The moderated alt.seduction.fast forum's definition also equates an AFC with a "nice guy". He is:

“A guy who has no pick up skills and rarely manages to close a target pick up. Also a guy who tends to supplicate in his behavior to attractive women. Meaning, buying flowers... when going out for coffee, putting her on a pedestal, and generally letting women walk all over him in the vain hope of somehow being seen as attractive in their eyes."

I thought that was kind of funny, and thought I'd share.

^^Is that Pick Up Artist jargon? To be honest, most of that PUA stuff seems to play on guys' fears of being too nice strictly to sell books. Kind of like a guys' version of The Rules.
    “Inside every cynical person, there is a disappointed idealist”--George Carlin

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Boy II View Post
    Classic post. That cracked me up.
    I've never heard it called "spoof" before.

Aussie Dudes! Increasing your slang vocabulary one post at a time.
    “Inside every cynical person, there is a disappointed idealist”--George Carlin

Is that Pick Up Artist jargon? To be honest, most of that PUA stuff seems to play on guys' fears of being too nice strictly to sell books. Kind of like a guys' version of The Rules.
    You're probably right. I have no doubt those kind of sleazy marketing tactics are used. It was still a funny read though.

Charlie Boy II is offline Registered User
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    i don't use it, but I think that PUA stuff does actually work.
    Is it burnin'? Well, f-ck, now you're learnin'.

Gribble is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I don't really know PUA, but from what I do know of marketing I have no doubt that a contrived system absolutely would work.

Personally, I wouldn't want to date any girl who'd fall for lame tactics. Then again, the girls I've dated all fell for my personal lame brand of tactics, so what's the difference?
    God, so atrocious in the Old Testament, so attractive in the New--the Jekyl and Hyde of sacred romance.
    -Mark Twain

If people are good only because they fear punishment and hope for reward, then we are a sorry lot indeed.
    -Albert Einstein

those tactics are so played. i know in one second when somebody is trying to use that shit on me.
    baby ya hustle. but me i hustle harder.

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I wouldn't have before neo and a couple of other guys started posting stuff about it... I think the idea of guys using a "system" is a little pathetic.

I think the idea of guys using a "system" is a little pathetic.
    The whole thing sounds like a real mood killer. How can you enjoy yourself when you're following very specific steps that you read about in some book?

I think I'm morally against pick-up tactics. When I meet girls or any other people I just want to show myself exactly as I am. No trickery, no deceiving, no pretending to be better, just "this is me, take it or leave it".

Then again, I probably fit in the "below-average frustrated chump" category. Bleh. I need to go make a thread on building social skills. :S
    Time to stop complaining when there is no reason to. Life's good, man.

Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast