+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New Year's Resolutions

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"

New Year's Resolutions

I don't usually make them, because I never really intend to keep them, but this year - rather than feeling pressured to give up a bad habit I actually enjoy, I think I will instead resolve to add in things I like.

I recently tried to find a film class to take (for fun), and tried to volunteer my labor at a local theater group, but was unsuccessful, so these are the things I did instead:

So I got an early start on the new year, and took a djembe drumming class, which I loved.

I also signed up for a month of all I can stand Yoga (jury is out on this one).

I also think I will go check out my friend's poetry club, which is done in some cafe... the poetry I've read of his is actually pretty funny and ironic - not at all emo - and a lot of the participants sound like rappers, which makes it seem like a fun night.

So tell me: will you all continue to punish yourselves for not being perfect by setting up unobtainable goals that you really aren't interested in meeting, or will you take up a new hobby?

oh dang i guess it's that time again.

i'd like to take a drawing class. i think the biggest thing i'd like to do is have a healthy child and be a good mommy.
    baby ya hustle. but me i hustle harder.

Petit Papillon is offline Napinacz
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I just let it be. I don't promise anything, I just want to see what happens
    I wazzzz here

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by Pettit-Papillon View Post
    I just let it be. I don't promise anything, I just want to see what happens
    That works when you are young! I was the same way when I was your age... now I find that if I don't take deliberate action, NOTHING happens.

I forgot to mention that another one of my hedonistic adventures will include going on vacation with my sisters, who are SO much fun! The only way I could get this to work was to book my own trip, and then inform them I was going. They each purchased their own tickets within 24 hours.

Gribble is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I have only one resolution: write something for myself. Not for work and not for a friend's project. Probably try to squeeze a short story out and see if I can't get it published in magazine.
    God, so atrocious in the Old Testament, so attractive in the New--the Jekyl and Hyde of sacred romance.
    -Mark Twain

If people are good only because they fear punishment and hope for reward, then we are a sorry lot indeed.
    -Albert Einstein

Everything in my life is perfect the way it is

The only thing I might try for next year is to worry less and find more time for myself
    Don't cry, don't regret and don't blame
    Weak find the whip, willing find freedom
    Towards the sun, carry your name
    In warm hands you are given
    Ask the wind for the way
    Uncertainty's gone, your path will unravel
    Accept all as it is and do not blame
    God or the Devil
    ~Born to Live - Mavrik~

Keep the house clean to avoid these mega cleaning sessions like I am doing right now.

Get back into the gym and make use of what I was given, instead of abusing it.

"What you really fear is inside yourself. You fear your own power.
    You fear your own anger, the drive to do great and terrible things."

The Warmonger

I am going to keep working out and start dancing again. I took a break, it's been two years. But I want to start again. I don't really know why I stopped. And I'm going to take Indi's advice - simplify my life and get into therapy. It's way too much going on and I'm stressing myself out. I need to focus on my career and my health. I have no idea where to begin but... I'll find some guidance somewhere.

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Move out of New Orleans.

Continue focusing on my professional development and spending time with my family. Since 2009 went so well (I say that in all seriousness), I think that solitude is for the best.

Charlie Boy II is offline Registered User
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Keep up my discipline with study and work.

Surf a lot.

Keep my bathroom and my room clean and generally do more around the apartment.

Stop smoking altogether.

Meet a lot of girls.
    Is it burnin'? Well, f-ck, now you're learnin'.

I don't make new year resolutions, but I do periodically make goals for myself. Right now I just want to focus on playing guitar and writing. I wrote a short story the other day. It's a start. The other thing is that I've let my German slip because I've been focused on Serbian. I was only speaking German with my three teaching colleagues last semester. Two of them were from Germany. I need to pace myself better.

I really want to take up dance again, at the moment I'm having trouble finding someone who teaches my preffered style (Egyptian) everyone around here seems to teach tribal, which isn't my thing.

I'm also trying to make an effort to be more social, as mom to a special needs kid I can really isolate myself if I'm not careful. I've finally come to realize that this isn't good for me or the kiddo.

Last but not least I am moving! I'm done with this Podunk rural "town", everyone told me that a really small town is the best place to raise a child. After ten years of rednecks and small minded fools I am calling bullshit and taking us somewhere with culture, diversity and better autism resources! YAY!!!

qwertz is offline Chav hater
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Im going to get myself together, go back to the gym, look after myself more which includes improving my rather shocking diet!!
    Im also going to look forward rather than dwelling on the past. Oh and learn or take up something new(not quite sure what that is yet though!)

Im sensing a happier 2010
    Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away.

I'm going to find a job that doesn't make me want to cry at least once a week.
    Spammer Spanker

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast