+ Follow This Topic
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Giving a second opinion on dating locations.

Quote Originally Posted by lahnnabell View Post
    I dunno what percentage of girls prefer the very demure dinner/coffee date. I've done those and they've gone well, but if a guy wants to impress me on the first few dates, then he should break out the big guns.

It can be difficult 'cause you don't want to jump off the deep end and freak the girl out. I try to make it known that I'm adventurous and that I'm okay with taking things one step at a time. Kinda like a "Let's start here and see where the night takes us..." thing.
    I do like the idea of going out to dinner for the first date. It gives the pair a chance to sit down and make conversation, and it avoids setting the bar too high for future dates (unless the mistake is made of going to a very fine restaurant--that's for much later on).

But second or third and thereafter, conventional dates are overrated. After all, the atmosphere is as important as the time spent.

Quote Originally Posted by lahnnabell View Post
    I dunno what percentage of girls prefer the very demure dinner/coffee date. I've done those and they've gone well, but if a guy wants to impress me on the first few dates, then he should break out the big guns.

It can be difficult 'cause you don't want to jump off the deep end and freak the girl out. I try to make it known that I'm adventurous and that I'm okay with taking things one step at a time. Kinda like a "Let's start here and see where the night takes us..." thing.
    My ex was very adventurous too. She would always like to go out and stargaze, take a drive around places she's never been before, take me places outdoors that was different. Really wanted to share stuff that was special to her. I rarely did that and sometimes just went through the motions with her as it wasn't something I would have thought of to do. Not to say I'm boring. Aw hell, maybe I am.

Of course I would kill to do those things now. It's really given me an appreciation for what is out there and made me feel alive. Too bad she already knows that and will think we aren't compatible. I remember she always used to tell me I was "too practical". Yikes. Can't opposites attract AND stay together?
    Waking up next to a beautiful girl,
    Step outside and say hello to my beautiful world.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12