+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My vomit is black :S

My vomit is black :S

I've been sick for the past couple days. I've had a ton of what I assumed was mucus on my chest, my throat is scratchy, body aching, and I've had a non stop headache as well. Then today I threw up and it was black. I've never experienced this shit before. Any ideas what this could be? I googled black vomit and the only thing I saw was yellow fever, which isnt what I think it is. I also read that it could be bleeding in the stomach, which sounds scary to me. Shit, this whole thing is scary to me.

I'm worried and have not breastfed the baby ever since. She is also sick with a head cold and the weather is not making it any better.
    ..::.*Love is giving someone the ability to break your heart but trusting them not to*.::..

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I would have expected bleeding in the stomach to come up red. If you are bleeding, this would probably have come from somewhere lower down in your digestive tract. (intestines)

It might have just been something you ate, no?

In any case, maybe you should call the doctor. Your baby needs to be fed.

Nah I haven't eaten anything black. That's the first thing I thought about when it happened.

I drank a coke, but I've thrown that back up before and it looked nothing like that.

I don't think I'll be able to speak with my doctor until Monday seeing as tomorrow is New years Day.
    ..::.*Love is giving someone the ability to break your heart but trusting them not to*.::..

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    In the mean time, lots and lots of water.

It'll reduce the acidity of the vomit, and prevent dry heaves.

Not what you want to hear, but you should consider going to the emergency room. It could be an ulcer. Do you have a fever?

Yea I do....I feel hot right now and it's cold.....and then I get freezing cold out of the blue.

Yep.. More ER, and less talking on forums. It's my understanding that black vomit/feces is a sign of bleeding somewhere in your digestive tract. That in itself could mean an ulcer, but coupled with the fever, headache, etc.. It sounds like you've got a serious problem.

Well when food is digested it turns black in your stomach before its given to your intestines to eat.

Now this isn't a particularly nice image, but it could be possible that you are throwing up your excriment instead of disposing of it through your behind.

That could be caused by anything from a really bad diet to something like a worm. But whatever it is i strongly suggest seeing a doctor about it =)

Have you taken any Pepto Bismol? I've taken that before and noticed hours later when I go to brush my teeth my tongue and spit is black because Pepto contains charcoal.
    So, so you think you can tell Heaven from Hell,
    blue skies from pain.
    Can you tell a green field from a cold steel rail?
    A smile from a veil?
    Do you think you can tell?
    And did they get you to trade your heroes for ghosts?
    Hot ashes for trees?
    Hot air for a cool breeze?
    Cold comfort for change?
    And did you exchange a walk on part in the war for a lead role in a cage?

Nah no pepto bismol. I haven't experienced anything like this before though.

I haven't had any problems ever since then though. I feel a whole lot better now.

Thanks for the replies.

Illusional is offline different state of mind
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    when you vomit, piss, or doo doo anything black, it's usually a sign of dried or dead blood. vash... shame on you, you should know that!!

you might want to contact your doctor and set up and appointment. i doubt that's an ulcer because usually you're vomit would have red blood with it.

raverboy
    ...this is just my perspective on the situation...

Quote Originally Posted by Under View Post
    Well when food is digested it turns black in your stomach before its given to your intestines to eat.
    Your poop shouldn't be black, unless you've eaten something that turns it black. For instance I drink a lot of red wine, so my excrement is often black. Regardless, your blood oxidizes when it's leaked into your digestive system, and it turns black.

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by Illusional View Post
    when you vomit, piss, or doo doo anything black, it's usually a sign of dried or dead blood. vash... shame on you, you should know that!!

you might want to contact your doctor and set up and appointment. i doubt that's an ulcer because usually you're vomit would have red blood with it.

raverboy
    I do know that, silly. Bleeding in the stomach, if vomited up, would be red. If it doesn't get vomited up, it will be passed through to the intestines and come out as black poop because by the time it came out, it would be old blood.. Now go back and read my first post, then bend over and put your foot in your mouth.

Illusional is offline different state of mind
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    what if i were to put your foot in my mouth... wait, then i'll get some sorta foot fungus and i'll probably vomit too.

raverboy
    ...this is just my perspective on the situation...

no need to worry your body is ridding itself of sin, contact your priest if you are worried -_-

Im so just ****ing around

Seriously I would be really worried if something came out of me that was black. If you don't have a lot of money you can call a nurse hotline (who will probably tell you to see a doctor) or ask a professional for $20 at Health.JustAnswer.com. You'll probably get worse though if you're not treated.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast