+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Ex wants me back, but she cheated. Although I still love her...

Ex wants me back, but she cheated. Although I still love her...

Happy New Year everyone!

4 months ago my ex of 16 months cheated on me. I couldnt deal with being without anyone so I tried so hard to get her back but nothing worked. In the end I gave up. Its been 3 months now since i tried getting her back. And i started moving on with my life, and enjoying it. But there has always been feelings for her.

One drunken night mid december i text her saying something like 'its a shame i wont be waking up next to you christmas morning' which got no reply of course. But i think it might have hit her in some way. This christmas we sent a few texts to each other as friends. Wishing merry christmas, happy birthdays, talking about what we received and what we did etc.

She told me she misses me, and asked if i would ever consider trying again.
    I said i would consider it. She also told me she couldnt ever picture being with anybody else other than me. Unfortunatly, i feel the same. But at this point, i cant picture myself being with her either.

I have no idea what i should do. Ive agreed for a meet, where we can talk about things. I would love to be with her again, but i dont know if it is the right thing to do.

Does anyone have any advice on this subject, I havnt the slightest idea of what to do. She was my first, and first propper relationship, we are both 20. I have spoken to my flat mates, both think i should stay away.
    But i do still love her, there hasnt been a day since the breakup where I havnt thought about her for a few seconds.
    Any advice on 'not going too fast' would be helpful. I need to stay clear minded and still keep my options open.
    Any advice on what i should and shouldnt do on this meet? I want to be able to pull the strings.

Thanks

P.S

Do any of you believe in astrology. My horoscope for today was

''You may need to realize that you are holding on to something that has no future potential for you. ...You need to wrap up so you can move on.''

Weird huh? Maybe its telling me i shouldnt go for it?
    Last edited by sandfish; 01-01-10 at 06:44 PM.

Personally I'd be a little suspicious that she's just bored and lonely during the holidays, and is trying to latch on to someone she knows will be there for her.

You've been apart for 3 months, and you've made a lot of progress moving on with your life. Doing anything with her now could end up being a huge setback. So at the very least.. tread carefully.

Im planning on writing down loads of questions for this meet of ours.

Like you said shheadsz, she might just be lonely in the holidays. So i will need to find out exactly how shes feeling. Maybe go for a trial if everything seems okay, and then go from there.

Any important questions that i should ask? suggestions please?

If i had a confirmed fact that my gf is cheating or cheated on me, the story would have long been over.There you are with proof that she cheated and you still going back?She will do it again and then it will hurt you more and more because you have just proven to her you cant get a replacement for her.

i am suspecting my gf now, once a confirmed fact, whao-a red flag for her.I wont even care if blood flows down her eyes

she told me she cheated as soon as she did it. I dont forgive her for it. Ive not said anything to her which suggests i am interested in getting back with her, i just said i would consider it. I just gotta know whats going to be on the plate.

She may do it again, thats what im worried about. But i will never know if i never try again.