+ Follow This Topic

Thread: so what do I say if you dont feel well?

so what do I say if you dont feel well?

This has been bugging me for a while and I"m kind of always stumped when this happens.

(in a phone conversation)
    Girlfriend: "I dont feel well. My _____ hurts (head, stomach, leg, whatever)
    Me: "Oh no...I hope you feel better....why dont you lie down and get some rest.
    Girlfriend: Okay.

When a girl tells you she doesn't feel well, what is a guy suppose to say? Physically together, you can hug her, lead her to the bed, stroke her hair. But on the phone, Are girls expecting to hear something when they tell their guy that they don't feel well? Am I suppose to change the subject after I say "Hope you feel better?"

I"m good at showing sympathy, and saying "I hope you feel better," but I dont know what else to do.

It's not causing me any problems currently, it's just that I personally always feel a bit akward.

I think she was hoping you wouldn't mind going to her and comforting her in person, even for a little while. Offer a massage, or to bring her something yummy to eat. Was there some reason you couldn't go to her in a time of need? Even still, you could've at least let her know when you DID have time to comfort her.

Quote Originally Posted by lahnnabell View Post
    I think she was hoping you wouldn't mind going to her and comforting her in person, even for a little while. Offer a massage, or to bring her something yummy to eat. Was there some reason you couldn't go to her in a time of need? Even still, you could've at least let her know when you DID have time to comfort her.
    In a normal circumstance, I would have. But she is in another state (3 hour flight away), so obviously, I couldn't get to her.

uh, if she's 3 or 4 hours away there's not much you can do. I reckon she just likes the attention of it. Especially if she seems to be chronically ill for no real reason...

well, I know that there is not much that I can do, and she knows that there is not much that I can do. I think it's just normal for a girl to tell her bf that she doesn't feel well. She's not upset or anything. It's all just part of the conversation. My concern for myself is, what am I suppose to be saying? "Yea, I hope you feel better..."

In the end, there is not much to say, but I was just wondering if there are certain phrases or 'attituds' I should be putting on during these conversations.

Perhaps you could tell her in detail what you'd like to do for her if you could be there. Describe how you would stroke her hair, or make her soup, or something. Or you could ask her if there's something she'd like from you. Good communication is key to any relationship.