+ Follow This Topic
Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast

Thread: How Important Is Dancing?

Quote Originally Posted by Glith View Post
    So, riding a tandem bicycle would mean that somebody is probably a better lover? Or Boxing? Or tandem skydiving?
    No, because tandem bicycling and skydiving have nothing to do with rhythm. It's also not a form of expression like dance or sex is. However, you could make the argument that someone who skydives tends to be more adventurous and this could be good in the bedroom.

Boxing is an adversarial sport which requires tremendous skill and hones your upper body movement and legwork. I suppose it can make you better in bed because you will be in amazing shape. And someone who's willing to put forth such effort into a sport is probably not lazy so that's also a good thing. But it's quite dissimilar from dance for the reasons I stated about tandem bicycling and skydiving.

For whatever reason, you just don't see the connection between dancing and sex at all. I don't think I could convince you even if it was absolutely true.

That doesn't negate the fact however that every point in this instance was valid in the case of dancing.

If we're getting pedantic, using your argument, the act of kissing your child on the forehead isn't a totally different physical activity to snowboarding because they both entail the movement of your head, lungs and heart. Every act, no mater how far removed, can be linked at some level. The fact that sex and dancing both involve movement of the hips (albeit totally different actions) does not mean that both activites require a similar physical movement. If that's how being good at sex worked, people would be signing up for shot-put lessons.
    No, because the similarities between dancing and sex are much greater than a kiss on the forehead and snowboarding.

The world's biggest publisher of romance novels.
    This I did not know.

And I'm fairly certain that wouldn't be the case.

Seriously, there is no connection. I mean, I could put forward arguments to say quite the opposite to what you're saying.
    But they're not very good ones...

...Since dancers are self-confident, it just so happens that self-confident people are more likely to be selfish or arrogant than shy people, therefore they would be poor lovers as they'd be less giving in bed. Self-confident people tend to be less sensitive emotionally than shy people, therefore they wouldn't be as attuned intimately with the needs of a partner...
    Where do you get that self-confident people are more likely to be selfish and less attuned than shy people?

Selfishness is pretty evenly distributed amongst confident and insecure people; it's just that confident selfish people more outwardly display selfishness than insecure selfish people. If anything, confident people tend to be happier and this will make them more generous.

As for empathy, that trait just makes you more confident because being empathic results in greater social success in life. So to say that confident people aren't empathic is kinda weird in my mind (I'm not saying that confidence denotes empathy though).

...all that would of course be rubbish, as there is simply no connection whether it be pro or con.
    So.. you didn't understand my point, paralleled it with a really bad argument of your own, concluded that your own said argument was terrible.. and that's supposed to invalidate my point?

I just get tired of tenuous connections being made between unrelated actions.
    But this is your own fault cause you can't see the connection.

As I said earlier, I have nothing to lose. I'm artistic, and with that comes the old cliche of artists being good lovers.
    Huh? Why would you have something to lose? lol

I'm not saying they're not [good lovers], all I'm saying is that if some ARE, it's nothing to do with their skill with a paintbrush, it's down to the fact that they've put in time learning how to be a good lover.
    I think what I said in my previous post bears repeating cuz you seem to have missed it:

"I hope you realize that my point is not that being a good lover is a function of being a good dancer. But my point is that certain attributes that contribute to someone being a good dancer also contributes to them being a good lover."

And I'll state again, there is no connection whatsoever.

Being a good dancer doesnt require self confidence.

Being good in bed doesn't require high self confidence.
    (Although I accept that low self confidence can be a problem)

As for my bad examples, as I said, I deliberately chose them to mirror the redundancy of those which had been offered to strengthen the case of 'good dancer=good in bed'.

I had a female friend who used to prefer the guys who werent good dancers. She said the 'good' dancers were too self obsessed with image and their own needs, to be a "pleaser" in the bedroom. I don't necessarily agree with her, but it's what she found to be true, and it's another example of quite the opposite.

What makes a good lover? Willingness to experiment, selflessness, passion, sponteneity, experience...I don't find being a good dancer to be a great source of any of these qualities.

It is all just a fallacy, a silly urban myth. Please don't tell me that you believe that shoe size relates to penis size too?

girl68 is offline little person, big mouth
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    You're right, they're evidence to the contrary.
    My bad. I meant to say your posts are nothing more than the exceptions which I've already alotted for. They are not evidence to support that the contrary.

Glith I really hope that you're a dancer because you seem to know (or think you know) a whole helluva lot about what it does and does not take to be one.
    Last edited by girl68; 22-01-10 at 03:13 AM.

And I'll state again, there is no connection whatsoever.
    Actually, you stated in a previous post that there was.

Being a good dancer doesnt require self confidence.
    Yes it does or else your movements would be inhibited.

Being good in bed doesn't require high self confidence.
    (Although I accept that low self confidence can be a problem)
    I never said being a good lover requires high self confidence, I said having high self confidence helps you be a good lover.

As for my bad examples, as I said, I deliberately chose them to mirror the redundancy of those which had been offered to strengthen the case of 'good dancer=good in bed'.
    I never said good dancer=good in bed, I said it's likely.

I had a female friend who used to prefer the guys who werent good dancers. She said the 'good' dancers were too self obsessed with image and their own needs, to be a "pleaser" in the bedroom. I don't necessarily agree with her, but it's what she found to be true, and it's another example of quite the opposite.
    I think what happened in this particular case was that the 'good dancers' she met were of the variety that are incredibly concerned with looking good as opposed to enjoying the moment. I agree with her cuz I've met some people like that and I can imagine they would do the same in bed.

What makes a good lover? Willingness to experiment, selflessness, passion, sponteneity, experience...I don't find being a good dancer to be a great source of any of these qualities.
    A good dancer definitely has spontaneity and willingness to experiment (think about this for a second before you decide to blindly refute it). Maybe passion too, but kissing him would be a better indicator of that than dancing with him.

It is all just a fallacy, a silly urban myth. Please don't tell me that you believe that shoe size relates to penis size too?
    No, but I do believe that the length of your ring finger in proportion to your index finger is a good indicator of how stereotypically male you are.

Quote Originally Posted by girl68 View Post
    Glith I really hope that you're a dancer because you seem to know (or think you know) a whole helluva lot about what it does and does not take to be one.
    Actually no I'm not. I've got a good sense of rhythm, but find dancing to be tedious and uncreative. Give me a blank canvas and a paintbrush anyday. I do however know how to move parts of my body to music, I know what it entails, and I know what being a decent sexual partner entails. Other than perhaps the extreme example of somebody who's physical fitness is entirely reliant on their dancing activites, dancing has no realistic impact on a person's sexual abilities. Romantic or erotic symbolism is about as far as it goes.

Quote Originally Posted by Sanctuary View Post
    A good dancer definitely has spontaneity and willingness to experiment (think about this for a second before you decide to blindly refute it). Maybe passion too, but kissing him would be a better indicator of that than dancing with him.
    I'm afraid I see no tangible reason for sponteneity and willingness to experiment being requirements to be a good dancer. I've been to dance classes (not to participate, long story) and saw how rigid (creatively) the 'good' dancers were. Sponteneity was not on the menu.

As for the kissing, I absolutely agree. I've read about a person's kissing ability being anchored to their sexual abilities, and while I do think it's another case of lazy generalization, I CAN at least see some relation between the two. 'Willingness to experiment, selflessness, passion, sponteneity, experience' I think that they all play a big part in kissing. Well....good kissing anyway!

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Dancing is uncreative BHAHAHAHAHAHA OMG. Sorry, I'm not making fun of you but unless you're speicifcally talking about structured ballroom and nothing else it IS absolutely creative.

Whew that was hilarious, I'm going to go post in "what I enjoyed today".

Actually no I'm not. I've got a good sense of rhythm, but find dancing to be tedious and uncreative. Give me a blank canvas and a paintbrush anyday. I do however know how to move parts of my body to music, I know what it entails, and I know what being a decent sexual partner entails. Other than perhaps the extreme example of somebody who's physical fitness is entirely reliant on their dancing activites, dancing has no realistic impact on a person's sexual abilities. Romantic or erotic symbolism is about as far as it goes.
    Your points have reached a level of obvious absurdity that I no longer feel compelled to debate them anymore.

I'm afraid I see no tangible reason for sponteneity and willingness to experiment being requirements to be a good dancer. I've been to dance classes (not to participate, long story) and saw how rigid (creatively) the 'good' dancers were. Sponteneity was not on the menu.

As for the kissing, I absolutely agree. I've read about a person's kissing ability being anchored to their sexual abilities, and while I do think it's another case of lazy generalization, I CAN at least see some relation between the two. 'Willingness to experiment, selflessness, passion, sponteneity, experience' I think that they all play a big part in kissing. Well....good kissing anyway!
    I said being a good kisser is an indicator of a passion not sexual ability. You have a knack for twisting everything I say lol.

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Sanctuary find peace knowing that I get what you're trying to say and I agree. This Glith character cannot seem to wrap his brain around it. Debate over. We tried.

On other forums the major arguments are about politics/religion. These are more hilarious.

This thread was originally about the relationship of two people dancing. It has now turned into an adolescent sparing match between two posters who don't know any more about dancing, than they do about sex. Lets get back to the dancing part.

Sanctuary find peace knowing that I get what you're trying to say and I agree. This Glith character cannot seem to wrap his brain around it. Debate over. We tried.
    Lol thanks. I'm not annoyed or anything, just bored now. I like debates.

Dancing is uncreative BHAHAHAHAHAHA OMG. Sorry, I'm not making fun of you but unless you're speicifcally talking about structured ballroom and nothing else it IS absolutely creative.

Whew that was hilarious, I'm going to go post in "what I enjoyed today".
    I find no creativity involved in somebody moving their limbs, especially when they've been 'taught' what movements to make.
    I guess you class walking as creative too.

Quote Originally Posted by Sanctuary View Post
    I said being a good kisser is an indicator of a passion not sexual ability.
    Yes, and unfortunately I had the audacity to agree with you, but ALSO have an opinion about it's relationship to sexual ability. I apologise for not mirroring your own view of course.

It would seem that if somebody doesn't have the same opinion as you, they 'cant wrap their brain' around an issue. I'm guessing you don't even know what a debate is.

Quote Originally Posted by Perryville View Post
    This thread was originally about the relationship of two people dancing. It has now turned into an adolescent sparing match between two posters who don't know any more about dancing, than they do about sex. Lets get back to the dancing part.
    Hahahaha....that actually made me laugh. You think you know from a discussion about the connection between dancing and sex, what we know about sex. Heh heh. You amuse me.

I'm glad. It's good for teenagers to have a sense of humor. Maybe your MOM can explain dancing and sex to you.

Quote Originally Posted by Perryville View Post
    I'm glad. It's good for teenagers to have a sense of humor. Maybe your MOM can explain dancing and sex to you.

Ermmm, do I need to point out the irony of a supposed adult resorting to 'mom' quips in an embarrassing attempt to deprecate somebody?

This thread has started to bore me now, but I do enjoy your posts Perry, I'll look out for them in other threads. Cringeworthy, but entertaining nonetheless, and worthy of monumentalization.

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    ARE you a teenager, Glith?
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast