+ Follow This Topic
Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast

Thread: How Important Is Dancing?

I wish. Early 30s.

My point is, that any man , who knows so little about social networking and it's relationship with sex, is either a geek or a kid or both. You have all the intellectual skills and none of the "soul."

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I feel like going dancing right now.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

I do too! My new sweetie and I are going out for D&D, tonight, to celebrate our becoming a "couple".

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Is that the girl you called when your boy was sick?

You sly fox.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

Quote Originally Posted by Perryville View Post
    My point is, that any man , who knows so little about social networking and it's relationship with sex, is either a geek or a kid or both. You have all the intellectual skills and none of the "soul."

We weren't talking about social networking, we were talking about dancing, you seem to be confused. BIG difference I'm afraid.
    I'd suggest somebody who can't cope with other people having a different opinion to their own is either a geek, a kid, or both. Personally I'd rather 'prove' my sexual abilities in the bedroom than the dancefloor.

As for no 'soul', I don't think you'd make it through years of studying the arts, writing for various creative publications, illustrating for others, writing music and writing/illustrating your own children's books, without 'soul'.

Dude, you can't acquire "soul", by study. You get it through life experiences, not in a library or on a computer. If you had any, you wouldn't be arguing about dancing. You are an intelligent dude, but not a very experienced one. ...........Vash, yes she's the one I called. She's done more for my kids in two weeks than my ex ever did, other than giving birth. She has also shown me a lot of love and friendship and integrity. I may be "off the market", soon> LOL

girl68 is offline little person, big mouth
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by Glith View Post
    We weren't talking about social networking, we were talking about dancing, you seem to be confused. BIG difference I'm afraid.
    Woah, woah, woah... You have just proven that you are in fact NOT a dancer. Dancing IS a social network. And I'd love to prove it to you as well I can send you link after link about social networking through the activity of dancing. I have about 3 different dance clubs/ functions that come together on a regular weekly basis to throw social dances. You dance, you talk you learn, you meet folk, you network.

Quote Originally Posted by girl68 View Post
    Woah, woah, woah... You have just proven that you are in fact NOT a dancer. Dancing IS a social network. And I'd love to prove it to you as well I can send you link after link about social networking through the activity of dancing. I have about 3 different dance clubs/ functions that come together on a regular weekly basis to throw social dances. You dance, you talk you learn, you meet folk, you network.

I proved that I'm not a dancer when I stated that I don't dance.

Dancing can be Social Networking, but Social Networking is not dancing. Again, big difference. I can partake in social networking in countless ways, without ever having to set foot on a dancefloor. I didn't say that dancing isn't a form of social networking, it was however suggested that because I have no interest in dancing, that I know nothing about social networking, which of course is crazy.

Dude, you can't acquire "soul", by study. You get it through life experiences, not in a library or on a computer. If you had any, you wouldn't be arguing about dancing. You are an intelligent dude, but not a very experienced one.

You have a very rigid and flawed set of rules when it comes to life. Absolutely, you can't acquire soul in a library or computer.
    Do you think theres a possibility that studying the arts involves more than sitting in a library? Painting in the rain in London, writing in a Blues bar in New York, singing and laughing in central park, sending your work to Italy for charity auctions, meeting and socializing with amazing artists, poets and musicians, teaching young children how to put their thoughts and beliefs onto a canvas or song.
    Please, don't tell me that you need to dance to have soul. I read that John Lennon wasn't a fan of dancing...I doubt many people would deny that he had 'soul'.

As for experience, well, perhaps if you knew what I'd experienced in my 30 something years you'd have cause to comment. I've travelled the world, I've loved and lost, said goodbye to close friends and family due murder, disease, and terrorist bombs, I've failed miserably in business ventures, and surpassed my highest expectations in others, I've been paid for my creativity, produced work for the 'hollywood elite', I've stupidly broken hearts and had my heart broken in return, won awards and lost races, put myself in danger to stop a woman from being raped, yet cowardly walked by when guys have needed a friend in a fight, supported a heartbroken mother, finally stood up to an abusive father, skied down snowy Austrian mountains and climbed Spanish hills, given in to lust in the most public of places and fallen foul of embarrassing situations.

Of course this is more than I needed to say, but you should never expect others to live their lives according to your rules or values, and more importantly, never second guess the experiences of a friend, let alone a stranger.

girl68 is offline little person, big mouth
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I get it. You're upset because it is assumed by us dancers that we think you're (as a non dancer) is bad in bed. Ahh... alas I understand!

Quote Originally Posted by girl68 View Post
    I get it. You're upset because it is assumed by us dancers that we think you're (as a non dancer) is bad in bed. Ahh... alas I understand!
    Nah, it's asumed that BAD dancers are bad in bed. I guess non-dancers like myself just don't have sex judging by these 'dancing=sex' rules.

It's actually quite the opposite to your statement, I find it a little sad the lengths some people will go to in demanding that being a good dancer is good in bed, as it's usually a vehicle for them to try to inflate their own ego. I'm yet to see this conversation take place:

"Good dancers are good in bed, it's a fact, it's about rhythm and passion"
    "Oh, right, are you a good dancer then?"
    "No..."

It's usually an amazingly thinly veiled attempt at persuading others that you're a sexual deity. I find it a little embarrassing.

"Artists and musicians are great and passionate lovers" is also often applied. You'll notice earlier in the thread that I stated I'm an artist, yet laughed at this silly philosophy.
    If I was concerned about other's views on my sexual prowess, I'd be throwing around the "Artists are great in bed!" rubbish just as much as some of you are throwing around the "Dancers are good in bed!" stuff.

Sorry Dude, I just don't believe you. All of your "experiences", sound like they came from a Bio of Ernest Hemingway. Try to relax a little. LOL

Sorry Dude, I just don't believe you. All of your "experiences", sound like they came from a Bio of Ernest Hemingway. Try to relax a little. LOL
    Ermm...ok. Not sure why I'd invent any of that stuff, but it does prove one thing to me...I've got more 'experience' than the guy who claimed I had none, it must be the case if my life is so unbelievable to him.
    Every single thing I said there was true, and there's obviously plenty more. I'd provide details of anything in particular by PM if you were actually interested, but that obviously isn't the case because you've hit a brick wall with your weak argument, so your retort is "I dont believe you".

I don't need to relax either. I was quite happy to provide you with a 30 second cross section of my 30-odd year life. Quite therapeutic even. I do find it quite amusing though that you doubt the authenticity. Believe me, I could have invented better.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kQFKtI6gn9Y"]YouTube- Broadcast Yourself.[/ame]

Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast